FlySky GT3b radio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage59

So, the FlySky GT3b radio is great, but did not come with a great manual. Reason, I'm asking is when I set up all the trim and end points, etc , how do I save it just for each truck or do I have to all ways redo it, every time I switch trucks? I know how to bind it to each receiver and how to give each truck a channel in the radio, but it seems like it doesn't save the settings that are different for each truck. HELP!!!!!

I've used the GT3B and GT3C, as standard they can store 10 separate models with settings. Say select model 0 and change ch1 end point to 50%. Always press END to save setting. Then select model 1 and check ch1 end point as it should be different to 50% as default.

So, the FlySky GT3b radio is great, but did not come with a great manual. Reason, I'm asking is when I set up all the trim and end points, etc , how do I save it just for each truck or do I have to all ways redo it, every time I switch trucks? I know how to bind it to each receiver and how to give each truck a channel in the radio, but it seems like it doesn't save the settings that are different for each truck. HELP!!!!!
Once you have made an adjustment on the the handset you need to push the enter nob to store the setting then press the back button to return to the main screen. It's the same procedure for all the setting on the GT3B. The manual says to press the end button after making the adjustment but this is wrong it should read press the enter button.

Once you have made an adjustment on the the handset you need to push the enter nob to store the setting then press the back button to return to the main screen. It's the same procedure for all the setting on the GT3B. The manual says to press the end button after making the adjustment but this is wrong it should read press the enter button.
So, I should be able to keep the setting for each truck? For what channel I give it.

What’s the main differences between this & the GT3C model?
To set up the GT3c it is the same, the main difference in the 2 is that the GT3c comes with a LiPo battery. The B was said to have some issues which were ironed out on the C but I have never experienced these on my set. And they do look a little different in appearance. The B is also cheaper. Other than that they are more or less the same radio.

So, I should be able to keep the setting for each truck? For what channel I give it.
Yes each model will keep the setting you set for it with out effecting the others. That the whole point of a radio which stores more than one model. The problem with the manual is that it has been written in Chinese and has been badly translated to English. There are quite a lot of errors in it, most of which are easy to spot. But it's still a good budget radio set. Like I have said before I love mine.

Yes each model will keep the setting you set for it with out effecting the others. That the whole point of a radio which stores more than one model. The problem with the manual is that it has been written in Chinese and has been badly translated to English. There are quite a lot of errors in it, most of which are easy to spot. But it's still a good budget radio set. Like I have said before I love mine.
Do you use rechargeable batteries in your transmitter? I do have one receiver that when turned on it straightens the front but won't turn the tires at all (battery fully charged). But what's weird is when I switch channel for the other truck, the receiver links and the steering works, but not with the channel I gave it, it doesn't make any sense.

Do you use rechargeable batteries in your transmitter? I do have one receiver that when turned on it straightens the front but won't turn the tires at all (battery fully charged). But what's weird is when I switch channel for the other truck, the receiver links and the steering works, but not with the channel I gave it, it doesn't make any sense.
Yes I do use rechargeable batteries in my handset but it won't be that as the set will warn you if the voltage drops to low.
Sounds like the end points or EXP are set to zero.
When you bind a receiver to this set it is not locked to the model you bind it to but the transmitter, in other words a receiver bound to model one will will work with any of the other models you have stored. The only thing that is stored for each model is the parameters you set up for it.

Yes I do use rechargeable batteries in my handset but it won't be that as the set will warn you if the voltage drops to low.
Sounds like the end points or EXP are set to zero.
When you bind a receiver to this set it is not locked to the model you bind it to but the transmitter, in other words a receiver bound to model one will will work with any of the other models you have stored. The only thing that is stored for each model is the parameters you set up for it.
Sounds great, I'll get to setting up everything. It's been a rough week, got to crud.:mad:

Sorry to hear you have the crud, I had it the other week but was lucky and had no symptoms. Another thing it might be with your receiver is that the Dual Rates are on zero.
What lokky stated in his previous post about using the end button to save the setting looks like it could be right for some models of the GT3b as have seen YouTube videos were it does save the setting this way but mine, plus other YouTube videos I have seen use the Enter button like I said. Not sure what this is all about, maybe later models have different firmware in them. My set is about 12 months old and defo uses the Enter button to save as my Video shows.
Hope you feel better soon and get back to the hobby.👌🤞

Sorry to hear you have the crud, I had it the other week but was lucky and had no symptoms. Another thing it might be with your receiver is that the Dual Rates are on zero.
What lokky stated in his previous post about using the end button to save the setting looks like it could be right for some models of the GT3b as have seen YouTube videos were it does save the setting this way but mine, plus other YouTube videos I have seen use the Enter button like I said. Not sure what this is all about, maybe later models have different firmware in them. My set is about 12 months old and defo uses the Enter button to save as my Video shows.
Hope you feel better soon and get back to the hobby.👌🤞
What sucks is I've been vaccinated, and I still feel like ###, but it is what it is and life goes on ;)

Gazzman, found the problem with the steering. Daul/rate was set at 0. Put 50 and it works!!!!!!!!​

@Savage59, That good then mate, the easy fixes are always the best.👍. Out of interest which method of saving the setting does your set use, the End button or the Enter knob?
I did it your way, I watched your video. Worked perfectly!!!

Last edited:
I did it your way, I watched your video. Worked perfectly!!!
That's good, as after I posted it i looked on YouTube and found quite a few videos showing the way lokky said to do it. Have re-checked my set and that way defo don't work for me it just defaults back to the previous settings. I reckon FlySky must have modified the firmware on later models of the radio. I know there alot of reports of bugs in the original handsets like the expo setting not working and the sets freezing but I have had no issues with mine and the Expo setting works fine.

Latest posts

Members online

Back