Flux! - What voltage setting for 4S?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexxan

I've ran my Flux a handful of times now just for basic trimming and fairly easy straight runs and haven't got down to LVC yet.

I'm having a brain fart moment right now, but I remember when I first plugged the BLUR into my laptop it stated that auto LiPo was on and set to 6.0v.

Should it have been 12v? 6.0v would for 2 cells but if I'm running two packs in series, making 4S, doesn't that mean that I have to set the LVC to custom and choose a minimum of 12v (4 x 3.0V?) ?

Thanks.

you want it around 3.2v each cell
so you have 4s or 4 cells so you want it at 3.2x4=12.8 LVC

I thought so. Good to get that backed up. Being a newb to high powered ESC's and series linked LiPo's I can't get round why the auto LiPo was set at 6.0v? So that means that if I'd have ran it to LVC with stock settings it wouldn't have triggered until the cells were at 1.5v! Unless the BLUR reads / monitors just one of the packs (after all it only counts 2S or 3S on start up-maybe that's why it showed 6.0v). Can anyone who has custom lvc tell me what they have set in the 'v' box next to it? Is it per cell, per pack or total for me to achieve the 12.8v cut off I'm aiming for. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I think that's right, but the packs would probably die before reaching 1.5v. The ESC it wouldn't distinguish between packs or even cells, I think it's just the total voltage. So it not perfect, you could still potentially run one or more cells below what every you set LVC to.

So with 4s you'd set the custom LVC to 12.8v not 6.4v.

Thanks For all the input - gonna try it right now. Don't mean to sound so dim with this but it was bugging the hell out of me.

Got to the lvc and go to custom, put it at 12.8
on the castle software the lvc is for both packs combined

Will do Baddasz - thanks, an important lesson learnt.

WTFLUX - thanks for that (Your Flux looks absolutely superb by the way!). Glad I've found a place where I can get answers - totally appreciate it.

I'm just so impressed and excited about the FLUX, feel like I wanna learn everything and anything about it - and a lot of thats gonna be about brushless.

does the auto LiPo set up not take care of this problem? it says that the the auto LiPo setting will auto detect if you are using a 2 cell or 3 cell LiPo battery and set the cut-off voltage accordingly.

Thanks Mexx, the wait to get it going again is stressing me out. :stressed:
Yeah there are a lot of helpful people here at HPISF, it's a great forum.

does the auto LiPo set up not take care of this problem? it says that the the auto LiPo setting will auto detect if you are using a 2 cell or 3 cell LiPo battery and set the cut-off voltage accordingly.

Yes the auto LiPo(3v) LVC setting works we are just suggesting that Mexx use the custom setting to set the LVC to 3.2v per cell instead of 3v.

Yup, definitely going with the higher cut off - Just puts me a little more at ease. I totally destroyed my first 6S heli LiPo a year ago - I was setting up servos and before I knew it 5 cells were at 2.0v and one was at 0.00v! (Now recovered with a Cellpro 10 LiPo charger by the Heli's new owner) I think that's why I was so concerned about getting it right for the Flux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back