Flux -vs- X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crash

hey guys,

has anyone seen the Savage Flux & Savage Nitro X style go at it on the track yet?

I know the Flux has ridiculous power out of hole just curious how that translate on the track.

Can a Nitro run down and beat a Flux?

Thanks

Danny

Last edited by a moderator:
i beat a overweight flux... with my F mill crash.. on a straight away. He till this day will say we tied but he got smoked. (I got witnesses!!) Hes a member on here.. hate to call him out on it but if i have to i will :leftright:

Wonder why he won't race me anymore.... muhahahaha

to answer the actual question, I have not seen the two run side by side yet. Depending on what batts the flux is running, I think a properly set up flux with spank a nitro savy. Biggest factor is also the driver. A good driver vs a :retarded: driver will make the difference.

has anyone seen the Savage Flux & Savage Nitro X style go at it on the track yet?

My answer to this question is no.

I know the Flux has ridiculous power out of hole just curious how that translate on the track.

On an actual track with turns & bumps & jumps, the flux could actually have a dis-advantage to the nitro because of the "light-switch" affect from zero to max rpm. You'd need one heck of a lot of throttle control.

Can a Nitro run down and beat a Flux?

IMO <on the typical r/c race track & all other aspects of the truck identical> a properly tuned & race modded nitro has an advantage with better control over your powerband and how your gonna put that to the tires and track.

Now, in terms of a side-by-side drag race, lets again consider both nitro & b/l savage are identical in everyway except mill/motor/packs, etc & run some numbers.

Lets say that the modded nitro mill kicks out 40,000 rpm max.

The B/L on 4s
...............................................= 32,560 rpm max
.............o 5s .................................................= 40,700 rpm max
.................6s .................................................= 48,840 rpm max

looking at the numbers you would think that the b/l has the advantage.

Unless you give that nitro the identical 1-speed tranny that the flux has.

so, dare i say I.M.O.

when it comes to racing savages, the advantage goes to the properly raced modded & tuned nitro with a 2 speed tranny.

when it comes to backflippin savages, the advantage goes to brushless.

this is why i like to have one of each. Great thread Danny, will get some good posting for sure ;)

You can now! rockout :picco:

Couldnt have said it any better myself. + reps to you both.

ps. this summer banks c/f truck will be set up drag mod & i should have 4s & 5s for my flux.

both trucks have larsen ext tvps. we can prob get similiar wheels/tires and do some runs. see what happens.

I'm sure this wont be a "once and for all prover," but will be fun and give us some ideas.

Only problem with that frddy is we still need someone who can actually drive the 2 trucks correctly..

ya thats right i said it :)

When I posted my OPINION, i was thinking along the lines of stock nitro engines. Modded motor, especially from ERCM, would beat it. Frddy said it well on the trigger control for the flux, which is what i was referring to when I said it depended on the driver.

ERCM Picco savage would kill a flux......flux can't be controlled unless it's feathered....by the time you catch grip....i'm gone hawse. depend on track conditions, too.....flux would kill a nitro in a truck pull.....etc...etc........

ya from the vids i've seen the flux is a bit "hairy" to drive at times, you crack the throttle just a little to much and your flux launches out of control lol

ERCM Picco savage would kill a flux......flux can't be controlled unless it's feathered....by the time you catch grip....i'm gone hawse. depend on track conditions, too.....flux would kill a nitro in a truck pull.....etc...etc........

Ba figured this out drag racing my LRP and we did a rolling start ... then said, "I couldnt see my truck " (that is the meaning of eat my dust...)

I'd say stock to stock, it completely depends on drivers. Put up two drivers that are equally skilled and know their trucks, Flux will have the advantage, IMO. That "light switch effect" can be moderated by a driver who knows how to tune the punch control and throttle curves in the ECM properly, and the lower center of gravity makes a big difference in the corners.
Chassis mods aren't a factor for comparing modded trucks, since both have 99% of the same options now.
Now, if you want to go into modded nitros, it's important to remember that the Flux now has a few more replacement motor options, if the owner is willing to do some minor mods to the mounts.

man i couldnt agree more lol freddy get some lipos better yet bank lend him a set. 2 cf trucks having at it but make sure you throw a turn in there

wait till BA's new build is done too. I cant let out all the secrets but you will want him in the race ...

Now, if you want to go into modded nitros, it's important to remember that the Flux now has a few more replacement motor options, if the owner is willing to do some minor mods to the mounts.

it would have to be a modded nitro fot the race to be fair. think about it...a stock F in an RTR is rated at like 32,000 and 45mph. come one....the flux engine is is the 40k range right off the bat. Robin's motors will kill a flux with the proper gearing and both running the same tire.

BL specs:
The B/L on 4s ...............................................= 32,560 rpm max
but flux is on first gear...

My picco was scoped at 35K 3 speed ...

='s smoked 4s.....

5s .................................................= 40,700 rpm max
threw 1st gear still wont touch my picco ...

6S I don't know but it cant be controlled long enough to launch against my picco

it would have to be a modded nitro fot the race to be fair. think about it...a stock F in an RTR is rated at like 32,000 and 45mph. come one....the flux engine is is the 40k range right off the bat. Robin's motors will kill a flux with the proper gearing and both running the same tire.

the tranny is the choke point.

Hey Ace you care to make a separate thread on this? I'm interested to see what your talking about :peace:

Hey Ace you care to make a separate thread on this? I'm interested to see what your talking about :peace:

No big secret. Castle Creations brought out a couple more Neu motors in the Monster line. Two more 1500 series motors, and a 1717 motor which is a bit bigger. Bank started a thread about them in the electronics section of the E-Savage/Flux sub-forum. If you mod the mounts like BA did to fit the 2200kv, you can slap the new 1500 series motors in without any more work.

Of course, anything in the regular 1500 series with the regular Neu case will fit into the Flux mounts with no mods, anyways. There's some serious motors in that line-up.

Sorry I am not an electric guy but just looking at those motors with my limited knowlage of electric non of the seemed better than the 2200kv motor that's in the flux to start with.

Sorry I am not an electric guy but just looking at those motors with my limited knowlage of electric non of the seemed better than the 2200kv motor that's in the flux to start with.

when you gonna buy/build a flux? you have all the best nitro stuff.

My only issue with the flux is the fact that it is so quite. Don't see me buying one anytime soon but hey maybe I can win one at the wf or something.

Latest posts

Members online

Back