Flux Trans Forward Motor/ESC 5s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparc

I have a FLM trans forward kit that I am now looking for a motor and esc for. I plan on running a 5s setup. I do not want to go with the standard MMM setup because of the issues I have seen. I am basically looking for a indestructible motor/esc combo. I want to be able to gear for around 55mph top end.

1wp1B.jpg

looks like a sweet set up. the castle is a great set up just like anything requires the proper set up. lots of burned up ones are user error. same as tekin.

I ran a Castle 2650kv in my FLM trans-forward setup with a Castle ESC - ended up converting it back to the normal TVP setup (watch out for damage to your batteries with the FLM kit!) but never have had any problems with Castle and I definitely fall in the category of clueless user :)

I am worried about the weight of the setup with the castle motor/esc. I know I can fit a bigger motor in this chassis and a higher current ESC. It needs to be bomb proof to survive long in my hands.

I am worried about the weight of the setup with the castle motor/esc. I know I can fit a bigger motor in this chassis and a higher current ESC. It needs to be bomb proof to survive long in my hands.

My brushless setup on an X was around 14 1/2 pounds. Motor it's self was over 500g. Standard TVP's though.

XL build is much the same with the Leopard motor being slightly lighter.

I am thinking of picking up the new castle motor that they used in the XO-1 for traxxas. It looks like a better version of the old 1717 and that motor was already a monster. Just need to find a good esc/battery/gearing combo now. The motor should fit in the trans-forward chassis.

I started with a 16T pinion and 47T spur. With the reduction of I think 6 to 1 in the nitro second gear.
I changed this to an 18T pinion. It was just to torquey with the 16T.

Leopard motor is 2200kV and I'm running 6's. Best setup yet.

I picked up the 1650kV new castle 1717 that is in the XO-1. Now just to pick out ESC and batteries.

Latest posts

Members online

Back