FLUX steering pulling Right?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larsenracing

Manufacturer
Alright, just wondering if any of your FLUX's pull right when under hard acceleration? Mine seems to pretty hard. When driving and a good pace or accelerating at a medium to mild rate it runs straighter than an arrow. I was thinking it was tire spin when I was running the Phaltline tires but now went back to stock and still doing it. Did this on stock chassis as well.

I ordered the stiff servo saver spring today thinking that under speed the tires are turning possibly. The toe seems correct all the way around.

Any ideas? I'm feeling kind of stupid that I can't figgure this out, In the last FLUX's that I have built for people I did not ever notice this.

The suspension is tight in the rear. This pull is also some of the reason I got the HPI sway bar kit which is great and greatly reduced the roll of the truck but really didn't improve this.

I am leaning toward the torque steer myself and hoping the HD servo saver spring will help. Will also have to switch the servo out to a stronger Digital servo.

Anyone else have ideas or seen this before.

Last edited by a moderator:
seems like same case with mine.. yes its not servo steering problem as i'm using hitec 7955tg and i already tighten the servo saver quite a bit, and it still happen.. i believe its normal where it was caused by the diff, i did find my rear left tire spun faster than the right one under hard acceleration which lead to the event. but i might be wrong..

Last edited by a moderator:
mine doesnt do this but I'm runnin 50k diff oil front & back.

what you got in your diffs?

Funny you mention this Fred. I'm currently running 10K in the rear but the others I built I ran 50K in the rear and they ran straight. I was thinking about doing this last night as well maybe not going to 50 but at least much stiffer.

well i have this as a big problem as well...
I run 30k front and rear... This is why i feel i need a lot of space to run, Even if i want to run in just a straight line...

Mine veers off to the right very hard... I am still thinking my camber etc isnt set up correctly, but i am really not sure... i find it very hard keeping it in a straight line...

I may lower it even more and see if it does the same.

J1A1H your even on the RSC's aren't you?

It has to be how the diff reacts then.

I'd like to hear from others who's trucks don't do this and what oils they are running in there diffs? I'm sure stiffer will work better but who knows.

Mine doesn't either, and I'm running 50k front and rear too.

Yeah probably is the diff fluid, the heavier 50k acts like an LSD

many people recommend putting a heavier fluid in the front compared to the rear... maybe because of the torque of these motors, it may be better doing the opposite?

I prefer having 30k in the front as my steering is spot on now, but i may try a 50k in the rear...

How do you think handling would be effected running heavier oil in the back?

many people recommend putting a heavier fluid in the front compared to the rear... maybe because of the torque of these motors, it may be better doing the opposite?

I prefer having 30k in the front as my steering is spot on now, but i may try a 50k in the rear...

How do you think handling would be effected running heavier oil in the back?

Most racers want a heavier diff oil in the front so it will grab more traction & pull the truck through the turn.

heavier oil in the back would do the opposite.

i run same front & back in my bashers caz you'd prolly never realize a difference when just bashing.

Your jammin' so much rpm to the diffs in a flux, theyre gonna unload if you don't go heavy enough.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back