flux spur gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biddie_fiddler

Hi all,

Just had a quick look around the forum for some potential upgrades for the flux spur gear. I currently run a heavy duty spur gear but as usual with the stock mounting hardware I tend to get wobble in the spur gear.

Its been getting pretty bad, I've just replaced the slipper pad - its helped but overly. My next plan is buy new mounting hardware. I have checked the shaft to make sure its not bent and its straight as an arrow.

Before I order the hardware, anyone know of any better options out there? I've only really found integy and robinson racing ones so far.

The Integy one is basically the same as the standard and the robinson racing looks totally different.

Anyone running the robinson racing one or any other ones that are decent?

http://www.robinsonracing.com/catalog/flux.html

So you saw this unit, it looks to come with everything to replace your spur and slipper hub and pad with better stuff over stock..... I would also get a new spring and nut to go with it and go with that..... I have the steel 48 tooth RR spur on my Savage X and really like how tuff it is......

I forgot to mention that you are most likely going to want to go with a hard pinion for that spur, is your motor shaft 5mm if so order a 1.0 module pinion in your choice of tooth counts for that spur set......

Good idea! thanks!

I plan on doing some more research into the spur/pinion gear ratios. I have no idea what to get hahaha.
I saw some posts about it on this forum, when I get some time today I'll look into it.

My flux spurgear had a bad wobble,
I replaced the spring and it cured the problem,
Both the spurgears you linked mount up the same as the stock unit,
I cannot see it taking out the spurgear wobble if your Spring is uneven.

My flux spurgear had a bad wobble,
I replaced the spring and it cured the problem,
Both the spurgears you linked mount up the same as the stock unit,
I cannot see it taking out the spurgear wobble if your Spring is uneven.

Good point!!
I'll get some new mounting hardware for the new one... The robinson racing looks so much nicer, this is my excuse for wanting to buy it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
All seriousness though, I have done more research on it and people say its really good, better slipper clutch than stock.

I run the stock spur which I think is 44T. I'm pretty sure I'm running a 21T pinion, or at least I did before I swapped out the transmission for the super 5SC trans with center diff. I run 4S and that's what I used before with the hpi motor/esc and now with the mamba monster x/2200kv system. Seems to run cool enough during 80F days. I'm also running proline trencher 3.8's, the taller ones. I'm not sure how they compare to stock.

For mine, I couldn't get the slipper set to a spot that allowed for shock absorption and didn't slip too much. Which is why I replaced the trans with one that had a center diff. Now the diff unloads most of the energy to the tires with least grip when landing and the slipper will take up extreme hits.

I run the stock spur which I think is 44T. I'm pretty sure I'm running a 21T pinion, or at least I did before I swapped out the transmission for the super 5SC trans with center diff.

What do you use now? I'm looking into the ratios, just after what people are using already. saves me time and money constantly changing them :ROFLMAO:

I use the stock 44T steel spur and a 21T pinion with super 5SC trans with center diff which is geared a bit lower than the stock transmission I believe. Before that, I ran the same 44T/21T with the stock transmission. On 4S, this seemed about as high as I'd want to go with pro-line trencher 3.8's while running in the grass much.

This was a run with the stock motor and 44/21 gearing with the trenchers and 4S at a BMX track:

This is the same but with the MMX/2200kv sensored:

Then with the super 5SC trans and the same gearing:

Latest posts

Members online

Back