flux programer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angellewalsh

i have a flux.its geared 47/18, i run two 6000mah 2cell 48s lippos.i have the castle usb program kit.i found a site that says to set the throttle curve in a S pattern.will this give it better response or should i leave the throttle curve stright.how dose the curve work.my punch controll is at 80% any help whould be great:catfan:

Angelle, its easier to think of how you want your truck to respond & adjust the settings according to that & "try & see."

For example, my punch control is at zero and the throttle curve is a perfectly straight upward ascending line. I want all the control in the trigger & not have to guess what the truck is gonna do when i pull the trigger a certain amount.

How do you want your truck to react to throttle input? back flips, slow take off?

mine is also linear. I suggest if you want it fast you return it to stock gearing. As it is now(47/18) its just gonna flip over. you have it geared way to low. That is nitro gearing...

You want it 44/20 (stock) mine is 45/19 with a hispeed tranny and bp gears. Both up the gearing for speed with the side effect of heat. So I went lower with my gearing to try and keep it cooler.

ok now in all confussed, hpi told me they recomened eitier a 20 or 18 pinnion,I'm going back to all my stock throttle curves.but hpi says to use the 18 pinnion

stock gearing on the flux is 20/44. I'm running 18/47 to me that comes out about the same gearing as stock right?

stock gearing on the flux is 20/44. I'm running 18/47 to me that comes out about the same gearing as stock right?

20/44 is 2.2 ratio.
18/47 is 2.6~ ratio.
That is a lot higher in terms of our gearing. You will gain a lot of top end going to 20/44.

20/44 is 2.2 ratio.
18/47 is 2.6~ ratio.
That is a lot higher in terms of our gearing. You will gain a lot of top end going to 20/44.

I think he has option parts he has not mentioned in this thread. why I said he lost me ...

This indicates he has done some math but is not showing as to what...

ok i was just counting the number of teeth,i have no hop up parts other than shocks/towers/skidplates and traxxas summit rims.

its not total teeth. its a ratio of one to the other (IE: division)

Like sparc said above stock is a 2.2 ratio

your combo is 2.6 numerically higher, but acts as lower

Rich, you have a lot of adjustments going on between gearing and program changes.

maybe just go back to stock gearing and settings and make some minor changes to one or the other then run it to see if you like it or adj more.

if you make too many adj at once its tough to see what it actually did.

Latest posts

Members online

Back