FLUX motor selection for racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oregonmud

I have been checking out a few Youtube videos and trying to get a grasp of the power outputs of the different brushless motors for the Savage FLUX. I need to choose my power system before I choose batteries.

From what I have seen that 4S for offroad racing might be a bit too much. I'm thinking the standard Motiv ESC and 5700kv motor on 2S should be plenty of power for offroad racing.

Does anybody race offroad with the 2200kv TORK motor and BLUR ESC? If so do you like it or is it a little too much? 4S, 5S or 6S?

I will be purchasing the motor/ESC combo for my truck here in another month or so and I need some input from other racer.

all i can say is this:

i got the stock motor/esc and gearing with prc ext chassis on 5s and i think 6s would be way too much.

my set up will wheelie from a stop and at the beginning of take off if i goose it, but if i roll on & then hammer it, all 4 wheels stay down.

so in closing, i guess i really have no idea what would or wouldnt work or even the slightest idea of what might be a good set up for off road racing. :flyaway:

I also have the stock setup(motor/esc/gearing) on 4s and it is too much power at full throttle. I use the castle link and a laptop to tone down the power. Also loosen the slipper will keep backflips off the line down. I have found this is much easier too drive! If you need more power just turn it up!!

I also have the stock setup(motor/esc/gearing) on 4s and it is too much power at full throttle. I use the castle link and a laptop to tone down the power. Also loosen the slipper will keep backflips off the line down. I have found this is much easier too drive! If you need more power just turn it up!!

Do you race? Are you referring to offroad driving or onroad? Thanks.

I was thinking I could tone it down if I got the bigger system. But is it worth all the extra weight if your just toning it down?

I need to gather some weights for the different systems. But the fact that I can run 1X 220g battery instead of 2 of them will save me a ton of weight giving me better lap times and longer runtime too. I guess I would be better off getting 2 smaller packs and run them parallel to balance the truck better but the weights will almost be the same. Just a couple more grams for the case.

Latest posts

Members online

Back