FLUX HP or FLUX 2350?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keithv

Which truck has the better esc/motor set up? I'm not concerned with the radio system as I would use my Spektrum radio.
Thanks

the FLUX HP is the big dog with high end ESC capable of 6s runs.

+1, idk anyone with the 2350 nor heard any reviews of the motor/esc it uses, but like 88 points out, make sure you consider that HPI recommends 4s (14.8) as the max voltage while your making your decision.

I just bought the 2350. It's at my house now but I don't have a charger or packs for it as of yet. I went with it because 2s will be slightly faster on the 2350 than the HP. I only plan on using 2s Lipos anyways. Tower currently has $60.00 off your order and HPI has a $50.00 rebate. So I bought the truck for $449.00 before the rebate. Only $399.00 after the HPI rebate. Hard to beat a deal like that.

Tower currently has $60.00 off your order and HPI has a $50.00 rebate. So I bought the truck for $449.00 before the rebate. Only $399.00 after the HPI rebate. Hard to beat a deal like that.

Nice skore on the flux. when you get it up & runnin' id love to read some threads on it as there isnt much info available on these yet.

So even though it says it can handle 6s they only recommend 4s? Hmm...
And I was thinking like tungsten, all my packs are 2s so Id have to buy new packs to run 3s anyway.
What code did you use for the $60 off at tower? I can find it

So even though it says it can handle 6s they only recommend 4s? Hmm...
And I was thinking like tungsten, all my packs are 2s so Id have to buy new packs to run 3s anyway.
What code did you use for the $60 off at tower? I can find it

The 2350 is not made to handle 6s. Can only go to 4s or you will ruin it. The Flux HP can handle 6s w/o any problems. The code I used was sent to me as being a member of the super saver club. It's only $9.99 to join and you get that back with free shipping.
$100.00 - $124.99 $15.00 010H1
$125.00 - $149.99 $20.00 010H2
$150.00 - $199.99 $25.00 010H3
$200.00 - $224.99 $35.00 010H4
$225.00 - $249.99 $40.00 010H5
$250.00 - $299.99 $50.00 010H6
$300.00 or more $60.00 010H7

Doubt those codes will work for you unless you join the club, but it's worth a shot. Good luck!

Ok misread it. I thought he meant the HP was rated for 6S but they only recommended 4S. Somehow I think 4S would be fast enough, no?

Ok misread it. I thought he meant the HP was rated for 6S but they only recommended 4S. Somehow I think 4S would be fast enough, no?

It's your choice, 6s is a lot harder to control and use. 4S is still plenty fast and will be faster than most Nitro trucks. Go on to youtube and type in Savage 2350 and watch the videos and see if it seems fast enough for you.

Thats what I was thinking. I'm going to see if I can talk to the wife into the 2350. Wish me luck

Aside from the higher kv of the 2350 is one motor better quality then the other? Or the ESC?

Aside from the higher kv of the 2350 is one motor better quality then the other? Or the ESC?

again its hard to say and your not exactly comparin apples to apples here.

Anyone know who makes the 2350kV motor and esc?

i don't feel that 6s is as extreme as everybody says it is at least IMO, i use 6s in my flux and it is super fast don't get me wrong but not hard to handle. thats just me anyway still super dupper fast though

The alphastar too?

I believe it is. Seems like a good little ESC and it's still Programmable!

"Fully programmable with our #100573 USB Programming Kit and fitted with fat 6mm bullet connectors, the Q-base delivers power to the Alphastar 2350 motor in massive gulps of voltage while the integrated cooling fan keeps everything at a reasonable operating temperature. The Flux Q-base ESC is reversible so you can back out of jams with ease."

Got the green light from the wife. But still trying to decide. Is the HP worth the extra money or is the 2350 just as good?

Does the hp have any issues with overheating? Or was it a gearing issue?
Would there be any problem using 20C packs with these trucks?

Does the hp have any issues with overheating? Or was it a gearing issue?
Would there be any problem using 20C packs with these trucks?

Huge problems i say.

the Flux/Blur wants 100A continuous so you don't underpower/overheat the unit.

20c x 5000Mah on a pack is exactly 100 provided you are truly getting a solid 20c (which you probably arent).

my Hyperions claim 35C-continuous & MaxAmps claim 60c Continuous and ive not had a problem.

Gearing will also affect it because if you gear it too high, (in combination with the weight of the truck) you over work the motor (probably in combination with starving it for power) which will result in overheat.

Hmmm that poses a slight problem then. Will they work with the 2350?
And thanks for all the help Freddy

Latest posts

Members online

Back