Flux HP and battery choice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zod07

Hello, i'm french

I have 2 x Savage HPI FluX HP in 6S
I have already used nano-tech LIPOS 5000 65-130C 3S, but after some use they swell and become HS

- Cut OFF at 3.4v...
- Leisure use
- Ultramat 16S Charger
- with Xerun 150A sensored + 4274SL
- original Trok flux2200 KV

Question?

ACE LiPo 60C 6500MAH 11.1V XT90 BASHING LiPo Gens will be more tolerant?
or others battery ??

Thank you.

I've been running HRB 5000mah 50C and Hobbystar 6200mah 50C in all 3 of my trucks without issue. I have 4 of each pack and have put at least 10 cycles through all of them this year.

Castle MMX/2200kv in my flux hp (16/48 gearing with motor fan and high speed esc fan and trencher 3.8's wrapped with kevlar string).
HPI F360C (MMv1)/castle 2200kv in my ERBEv2 (stock gearing 15/54, motor/fan esc and trencher 3.8's wrapped with kevlar string).
Arrma BLX185/2000kv in my outcast (13/52 gearing, aftermarket motor heat sink/fan and trencher 3.8's wrapped with kevlar string).

I do have a 6x1800uf cap pack on the MMX and F360C. The logs for my MMX showed 3V+ of ripple. With the cap pack it now peaks at .89V. Since the F360C is a Mamba Monster V1, I thought it best to run a cap pack with that too even though I don't have logging data.

I run the same packs in all 3 trucks. Charge to 4.2V, LVC set to 3.5V, storage charge at the end of every bash day even if I didn't use the packs due to breakage.

I charge all of them at almost 2C. One of my chargers is 10A/100W x 4, so it can't charge the 6200's at 2C as it hits the max of the charger at wattage around 8A. I can charge the hrb's at 2C on all 3 of my chargers.

I do find that the 6200's give me more run time, but also a bit more punch throughout the pack.

Hi,
when using 6S you may have to be more conservative with LiPo cutout voltage.
The esc only measures the battery total voltage and then calculates the average element voltage (it cannot know each elements real voltage).
Battery elements that have less capacity will see their voltage drop down first.
e.g: With 3,4V setting it can happen that you have two elements at 3,3V and the other four elements with 3,5V (The esc will not cut because average element voltage is over 3,4V).
3,5V is a better setting for low voltage cutout when using 6S.

One pack will always have less capacity than the other.
I have marked the less capacity 3S battery pack of each couple and connect an external LiPo voltage checker to its balance plug. In this way I am monitoring each element of the "weakest" battery pack. When it buzzs I stop.

I have marked the less capacity 3S battery pack of each couple and connect an external LiPo voltage checker to its balance plug. In this way I am monitoring each element of the "weakest" battery pack. When it buzzs I stop.

Thats a really smart idea!! I might have to steal it ?

hello:)
thanks for the info for the lipos HRB 6000 50C :rolleyes:
I also saw a more powerful model HRB 3S graphene 11.1V 5000mah 100C... :love:

For the "LiPo-saver" made in china already tested but not convincing because with each acceleration it sounds....
:cry:

it seems to me that we can't put the cut-off at 3.5v

Latest posts

Members online

Back