Flux esc glitching in reverse while trying to go forward???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcarter48

So today I was outside driving my savage, without the body on/:, and going about 15 I pulled full throttle and it flipped backwards and slid upside down and Completly shredded my Y (dual battery) connector. Not having my soldering iron with me since I'm out of state and forgot it at home I TEMPORARILY spliced the wires together with some regular twist on splice connectors or whatever there called... I went back outside and now everytime I go over 1/4 throttle the truck goes into reverse and completely stops.. It doesn't actually go backwards but reverse definitely engages. After it did a front flip and went tumbling I was looking it over and it started glitching and stuttering backwards. Could it be doing this because of the way I spliced the wires back together and it's not one solid piece any more? Any ideas will help, thanks..
And yes, I will definitely be replacing the y connector.

That's really weird... Were your motor wires or antenna damaged in the crash also? Have you opened the receiver box to make sure that all the connectors are still seated properly?

I wouldn't think that the spliced wire would cause a problem (by the way I think those things are called wire nuts), but you can't know for sure until you properly fix or replace that Y connector. Perhaps you could also try re-calibrating the ESC.

Latest posts

Members online

Back