Flux/Brushless Battery Charger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

What charger do you use on your LiPo Packs?:

Please list:

1. Manufacturer
2. Model # (if possible)
3. Max Charge rate (amps)
4. How you charge & balance
5. Specs of your LiPo packs being charged, charge rate used & how long it takes to charge.
6. Your recommendation and feedback on the charger.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. HYPERION, the only way to charge!

2. EOS0610i Duo, I think it sells for around $270 or $300, needs a power supply but can do 2 packs at 10 AMPS EACH. Is capable of charging NiCd, NiMH, LiPo, LiFePo4, Lead Acid.

3. SMC packs are capable of being charged at 3C. This does reduce the life span of the pack. We personally charge at 2C, which still decrease life, just not as drastically. If you want to protect your purchase for as long as possible, then charge at the recommended 1C. Incase some of you don't know yet...1C is 1 Amp charge for every 1000mAh capacity of your packs...2200mah = 2.2Amps...6000mAh = 6.0Amps

4. We charge at 2C every time and balance charge every time. Our owner Danny doesn't require balancing every time but at least once every 8 charges. I personally balance charge each and every time b/c the Hyperion IS A balance charger, not external balancer needed. It's one of those things that if you do it all the time, you should never forget!!!

5. I'll have to get back with you on this one as we are soo busy that I'll start my packs then go back to doing my normal work, then get a pnone call, then an email, then the UPS truck arrives, then another phone call...haha So, I need to just sit down 1 day and charge 3-4 different mAh packs at 1C and see what their charge times are like. Remember that if you purchase an SMC pack, we put about 30% storage charge into the pack before it leaves the building. What this means is that your 1st charge will not take as long as all subsequent charges. Some people call freakinbg out that it only took 20 minutes, or 30 minutes, but this is perfectly normal. Just make sure that each cell is at 4.20v or close to that, some may be 4.19 or 4.18, but the pack as a whole fully charged should read around the 8.40 mark!!!

6. Just like in #1...HYPERION is the way to go. There are several different levels of Hyperion chargers, ranging from $130 being AC/DC to $300 with dual battery charging capabilities but needing a power supply. This is one of, if not THE top line of chargers on the market. I HAVE HEARD OF ZERO NEGATIVE COMENTS WITH THIS BRAND!

Bryan @ SMC

1. Electrifly/Great Planes
2. Triton2 EQ
3. 8 amps
4. Charge at 6 amps and balanced every time
5. SMC SportMax 6000mAh 28C at 6amps. Around 50-70 minutes depending on discharge
6. Awesome

emptybats.jpg

What charger do you use on your LiPo Packs?:

Please list:

1. Manufacturer
2. Model # (if possible)
3. Max Charge rate (amps)
4. How you charge & balance
5. Specs of your LiPo packs being charged, charge rate used & how long it takes to charge.
6. Your recommendation and feedback on the charger.

1. Hyperion (I've tried them all and settled on these because they offer the most for the money). I literally bought and tried all the major brands out there.
2. 710I NET v.3
3. 20amps
4. How? The charger is simple to set...balancer is built in. After all I've learned you really don't need the balancer at first...it is a sign of *not-so-good* cells if they are far off from the beginning. That being said I still use the balancer.
5. Hyperion 30+C packs 4500mAh to 5500mAh (3s and 4s), charged at 1C, and they charge within about an hour or so.
6. The guys here are right...you just can't beat the Hyperion line for function/specs vs. price.

I use a SWALLOW EQ charger i don't know any of the details i just hook up the battery and the balancer then select the battery size and it does the rest, very easy to use.....

1. HYPERION
2. EOS0606i AC/DC
3. 6 Amps
4. Balance charge every time
5. SMC 6000mah 28C 2s,charge at 6 Amps, 60-70min.
6. The charger works well, but it is a bit slow, as these packs can be charged at higher C ratings. It's also a bit feature-poor, as it can't display the stats for the battery unless it is currently charging, so taking readings from a discharged battery isn't possible. It also has no memory features. A good, basic charger for LiPo.

DSCF0789.jpg

1. SJ Electronics
2. Swallow EQ
3. 6 amp
4. It has built in balancer that automatically chargers at 1C.
5. Polyquest PQ-6000XP 3S 6000mah/1C/about an hour/ about 30 mins runtime.
6. It a great chargers very easy to use and it wont let you make a mistake.

1. HYPERION, the only way to charge!

2. EOS0610i Duo, I think it sells for around $270 or $300, needs a power supply but can do 2 packs at 10 AMPS EACH. Is capable of charging NiCd, NiMH, LiPo, LiFePo4, Lead Acid.

3. SMC packs are capable of being charged at 3C. This does reduce the life span of the pack. We personally charge at 2C, which still decrease life, just not as drastically. If you want to protect your purchase for as long as possible, then charge at the recommended 1C. Incase some of you don't know yet...1C is 1 Amp charge for every 1000mAh capacity of your packs...2200mah = 2.2Amps...6000mAh = 6.0Amps

4. We charge at 2C every time and balance charge every time. Our owner Danny doesn't require balancing every time but at least once every 8 charges. I personally balance charge each and every time b/c the Hyperion IS A balance charger, not external balancer needed. It's one of those things that if you do it all the time, you should never forget!!!

5. I'll have to get back with you on this one as we are soo busy that I'll start my packs then go back to doing my normal work, then get a pnone call, then an email, then the UPS truck arrives, then another phone call...haha So, I need to just sit down 1 day and charge 3-4 different mAh packs at 1C and see what their charge times are like. Remember that if you purchase an SMC pack, we put about 30% storage charge into the pack before it leaves the building. What this means is that your 1st charge will not take as long as all subsequent charges. Some people call freakinbg out that it only took 20 minutes, or 30 minutes, but this is perfectly normal. Just make sure that each cell is at 4.20v or close to that, some may be 4.19 or 4.18, but the pack as a whole fully charged should read around the 8.40 mark!!!

6. Just like in #1...HYPERION is the way to go. There are several different levels of Hyperion chargers, ranging from $130 being AC/DC to $300 with dual battery charging capabilities but needing a power supply. This is one of, if not THE top line of chargers on the market. I HAVE HEARD OF ZERO NEGATIVE COMENTS WITH THIS BRAND!

Bryan @ SMC

Bryan , great info!
What does it mean that this charger needs a power supply?
sorry for dumb question
Danny

Crash, no dumb questions here. If that was the case, every question I ask about nitro would be a dumb one as I know very little about nitro. Anyway, the charger is DC only, not AC/DC, so you will need a power supply to power the charger. The charger itself has alligator clips instead of your normal wall plug!!! We use Bulldog and Rivergate power supply's. These are a bit pricey but then again when you run several machines off of just 1 power supply, it needs those big 90 ampers:10:

Thanks,

Bryan @ SMC

Crash, no dumb questions here. If that was the case, every question I ask about nitro would be a dumb one as I know very little about nitro. Anyway, the charger is DC only, not AC/DC, so you will need a power supply to power the charger. The charger itself has alligator clips instead of your normal wall plug!!! We use Bulldog and Rivergate power supply's. These are a bit pricey but then again when you run several machines off of just 1 power supply, it needs those big 90 ampers:10:

Thanks,

Bryan @ SMC

Thanks Bryan

1. Hyperion
2. EosI606i
3. 6A
4. Charge and balance my Lipos either every or every other run
5. Zippy 3s, 4s, 5s Lipos / IP 3800 2s lipos / Orion NiMH packs, charge everything at 1c.
6. LOVE this charger as its AC/ DC , has a built in balancer, and charges everything I need it too. Best bang for your buck charger out there IMO.

If you purchase a Hyperion charger, you will also need to purchase JST XH adapter boards as this is the board used for SMC balance taps.

Thanks,

Bryan

1. Manufacturer (Duratrax)
2. Model # (if possible) Onyx 230
3. Max Charge rate (amps) 7
4. How you charge & balance Charge at (1c and i have a hyperion 6s balancer)
5. Specs of your LiPo packs being charged, charge rate used & how long it takes to charge. 2s 8000mah 20c, 2s 6000mah 45/60c and 3s 4000mah 50/60c
6. Your recommendation and feedback on the charger, i love this charger and recommend it to everyone.

1. Manufacturer: Hyperion
2. Model #: Duo III
3. Max Charge rate: More than i will ever use
4. How you charge & balance: Ballance charge every time
5. Specs of your LiPo packs being charged, charge rate used & how long it takes to charge.Turnigy 5000mah 2s, charge at 1c, takes about 70 minutes to charge 2 packs
6. Your recommendation and feedback on the charger. If you can afford it buy it! no questions asked!

Venom Pro Charger can buy on ebay for around $80 now, paid 2xs that couple years ago

Charges 1-6 Series Lithium Ion or Lithium Polymer batteries
Charges 1-15 cell NiCd/NiMH batteries
0.1A - 5.0A adjustable charge current
5 programable memory options
Includes 7 different plugs: General, Tamiya, Traxxas, JST, Receiver,
Glow Ignitor and Aligator Clip Charge Adaptors
LiPo balance charging adapter for 2-6 cell batteries
Temperature Probe
Power supply
USB adapter for PC link
LCD display shows voltage and current
12V DC input with alligator clips