Flux Blur System vs. Castle MMM 2200kV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

What are the differences if there are any?

Is there a benefit to choosing 1 system over another for a brushless conversion or ground up build?

I am not 100% sure. I believe they are the exact same thing other than the Flux motor has a different design on the case (Heat sinks) and colors. I have heard that the flux system has been slightly de-tuned but was from an unreliable source. However, either will have more than enough power for what you want to do if it was true. If you can pick up the BLUR cheaper that's what I would do.

The one nice thing with the Castle kit is the wires are not all black like they are on the BLUR.

Thanks Jason.

Still searching around & i think imma call Castle on Monday and see if they will give up the info.

specs on the motor look the exact same with a different case.

if "heard" that the Blur ESC is a V2 & the MMM is a V3 but cant find any differences.

stay tuned, i will report back.

Blurs are all V3, as are the MMM that went into the Traxxas ERBE.

I hadn't heard about any "detuning" going on, but with the Flux being so much of a heavier truck than the E-Revo BE, I'd hope the programming would be a little different, ya know?

The Stock ESC is set the same between the FLUX and the E-Revo BL.

I hear ya they look exactly the same and the program is identical. but this doesn't mean that something behind the scenes is different. There is a lot more program in there than a person would realize. Like mentioned they may be identical but could differ as well on the program (Behind what we see) side of it.

ok, i called Jonathan at Castle Creations technical department. Very nice guy and i recommend anyone call them with any questions because they will not let you off the phone until you are satisfied with the answer.

He states that the Flux Blur 2200kV & Castle MMM 2200kV share the exact same motor and ESC.

He also states that the motor casing is different between the 2, but that is the only difference.

(913)390-6939

ok, i called Jonathan at Castle Creations technical department. Very nice guy and i recommend anyone call them with any questions because they will not let you off the phone until you are satisfied with the answer.

Will they lie to you if need be? jj good stuff fred thanks for the share

flux casing is designed to fit the hpi flux motor mount as opposed to the mmm is used to a fixed motor mount thats attached to front can like in the connversions for the buggies and truggies

flux casing is designed to fit the hpi flux motor mount as opposed to the mmm is used to a fixed motor mount thats attached to front can like in the connversions for the buggies and truggies

yep, & this was the reasoning behind this thread. baddasz_savage originally pointed out the difference in motor case & he modded his hpi mount to accommodate the MMM.

i was all set to get the MMM till he told me this. i searched for other mounting options, but keep coming back to hpi for the motor-mount & tranny case.

So, i get the best of both worlds: keep the tranny & motor mounts and get the identical ESC & motor.

Thanks to everyone that posted & helped on this thread, +reps to all of you.

Ended up buying the hpi tork/blur.

another difference is that the blur comes from factory with the Y-harness to

run 2 LiPo packs (deans) where you have to purchase wire & solder your own

on the Castle MMM (not a huge deal if you know how to solder).

Blur also comes with bullets pre-soldered onto the leads from the motor.

Latest posts

Members online

Back