FLM vs GH aluminum bulkhead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mothman

Based on what Ive read, here are some of the differences between these two:

Golden Horizon (GH)= easy access
FLM= no easy access

GH= HPI steering conversion kit fits w/o modification.
FLM= Some minor modifications need to be done to fit the conversion kit

I don't really bother about the easy access advantage and also I don't plan to use the steering conversion kit. My only concern is only on the durability.
So a few question here..

1) Which one do you think is better in terms or durability? The FLM is definitely CNC machined based on the machine marks on the surface and I know for sure that they are using 6061-t6 (tested in the lab). How about GH ? They claim that these bulkheads are 6061-t6 and CNC machined. But looking at some of the pictures posted on forums, its hard to tell if they are really CNC machined.And I have read somewhere people saying that they managed to strip the screw holes.
So what do you think?

2) Do you think the old style shock tower can be used on the GH? The reason why I asked this because I have a custom made buggy shock tower that was made to fit the old style (savage .21) bulkhead.

Hope to hear input from you guys soon.

FLM= no easy access

this is true

this is not true. sunkenmetal had to mod the cross brace for the conversion to the point that it compromised wheel stability to get it to fit on the GH.

I don't really bother about the easy access advantage and also I don't plan to use the steering conversion kit. My only concern is only on the durability.
So a few question here..

1) Which one do you think is better in terms or durability? The FLM is definitely CNC machined based on the machine marks on the surface and I know for sure that they are using 6061-t6 (tested in the lab). How about GH ? They claim that these bulkheads are 6061-t6 and CNC machined. But looking at some of the pictures posted on forums, its hard to tell if they are really CNC machined.And I have read somewhere people saying that they managed to strip the screw holes.
So what do you think?

you should care about the easy access because when you need to maintain the diff, the easy access allows you to do so without removing the entire diff case from the truck. and you will need to maintain your diffs regularly

2) Do you think the old style shock tower can be used on the GH? The reason why I asked this because I have a custom made buggy shock tower that was made to fit the old style (savage .21) bulkhead.

can you post a couple pics of the shock tower and i guys can compare them to the X bulkheads?

there is another benefit that the GH bulks have over the FLM and that is they will accept the larger-diameter Super Heavy Duty diff cup without modding where the FLM requires the purchase of a separate cup from FLM.

Yeah if i had to do it again.. (or was gonna) id go with GH.. The flm bulks are kinda a pain to open then also with having to get there cups and such. Makes shimming a real pain.

Thanks frddy and hypnotiq.. I do realize that easy access would be an advantage but I prefer to put durability over anything else coz I bash my truck hard.. I don't mind spending time wenching to fix things though...

So which one do you think is the best in terms of durability?

FLM= no easy access

So a few question here..

So what do you think?

Hope to hear input from you guys soon.

Mention the site there is a site discount with GH. I used there stuff on the baja build every part fit perfect.

Id say the same in durability.. Anyone got a pic of the GH ones?

DSC_0080.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back