FLM Mid Tank - getsonrc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgetson

Bought my Savage a couple years ago now (2008). Ever since I bought my Savage I have been on this forum. Lots of helpful people here and great advice. I have always got quick responses on all my questions.

So I finally decided to spend the money to buy the parts to create a FLM MidTank conversion.... Couple hundred dollars later and ready to build.

Parts:
FLM45100 - Ext Low Center Gravity TVP's
FLM45110 - Ext Center skid plate
FLM45500 - Servo Plate
FLM45700 - Motor Mount
FLM46000 - servo mounts
RPM A-Arms - Blue
Steering servo bearings
De-anodized the purple parts - not a fan of all the purple (Wouldn't mind getting rid of the purple heat sink head...Anyone have any suggestions??)
Super Heavy Duty Diff cups, drive cups and axles
Finally shimmed my diff's (they are so smooth now)...hopefully they last way longer now.

Here is a picture of the dirty muddy truck and hasn't been cleaned in a year.

Top View
DSC00036.jpg

Left View
DSC00037.jpg

Right View
DSC00035.jpg

Got some pics of the build progress.

Transmission Installed
DSC00066.jpg

Front and Back End Installed
DSC00067.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

Motor Mount Installed
DSC00072.jpg

D8 Tank and Servo
DSC00076.jpg

Anyone have any ideas on what to do with the steering servo? I have it installed but I wouldn't mind putting the receiver by the tank and currently the steering servo is in the way.

What kind of servo horn should I use for the steering servo? The stock ones don't allow for the full range of the steering.

turn your servo around so the spline is toward the rear of the truck (like scott did) and get a longer link ;)

@ditchdigger get the servo horn or the turnbuckle from the baja 5b?

Update on what the savage looks like now. Finished the receiver box. Finished the throttle and brake linkages. Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve the throttle linkage.

I left a space inbetween the slider and the screw on end for the brake part. Not sure if that is ok or what I should put in place of the space there. I was also thinking of trimming the throttle linkage arm as well. Anyone have any suggestions??

DSC00102.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

Receiver Box

DSC00100.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

Steering Servo Horn
DSC00104.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

Not much left to do but here is an update. Got the fuel tubing all setup now. Put a fuel filter on the side of the tank like GRKSTL. It looked very neat so I decided to use it. Thanks GRKSTL. Put a loop in the fuel line as well.

DSC00109.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back