FLM Flux TVPs on www.smfstore.com

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

ive been waiting for these to be released. Not even listed on FLM's website but i found em on Slap Mo Fro.

These boiz are sweet esp for $38. Where the the 1.5 ext Flux TVP's Wrenchy? cant be far behind?

fluxflm.jpg

http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_183_204&products_id=2192

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are nice. FLM makes some damn good products.

EDIT- I fixed your link. You have to sign in to view the original link.

EXT FLM tvps would be a huge seller. it would have the market cornered for that price range with a great name to back it. Tell you the truth i don't know why HPI wouldn't have tried to mimick the XL length when the truck was released.

My guess is they will make a Flux XL and sell it for $100 more like they did with the X. My other guess would be that with the XL length it can't flip standing still...

Tell you the truth i don't know why HPI wouldn't have tried to mimick the XL length when the truck was released.

I talked to FLM today...They will be releasing an XL length set of TVP's just for the Flux. They should have them ready to ship on Monday.

noticed it was your first post so wanted to welcome you to the forum!!
Thank you sir, had a traxxes emaxx built to the hilt, but after I got my flux, emaxx got sold now I'm ready to hop this badboy up, and I broke one of my tvps lol

Now these look like buying! None of the ten pound tcs poop...

The FLM TVP's were one of my first & best upgrades for my nitro savage. I'm

still as happy with the purchase today as i was when first bought them. in

addition to the superior quality and fitment of my nitro plates, flm's

commitment to customer satisfaction has always made me feel like I'm buying into the

whole company. Now that they're releasing the EXT's for the flux? That just

plain blows my mind. Can't wait to see them. Who's gonna be first?

So on the price note, even if they're twice as much, its worth every penny to me.

I talked to FLM today...They will be releasing an XL length set of TVP's just for the Flux. They should have them ready to ship on Monday.

That's awesome Nick. Any idea if they're planning on selling the

motor plate for flux (as they do for nitro savage) or any other parts they plan

on mfr/selling?

The FLM TVP's were one of my first & best upgrades for my nitro savage. I'm

still as happy with the purchase today as i was when first bought them. in

addition to the superior quality and fitment of my nitro plates, flm's

commitment to customer satisfaction has always made me feel like I'm buying into the

whole company. Now that they're releasing the EXT's for the flux? That just

plain blows my mind. Can't wait to see them. Who's gonna be first?

So on the price note, even if they're twice as much, its worth every penny to me.
This is what I should have said. LOL Plus SMF helps keep our doors open! the combo FLM/SMF cant be beat...

Thanks for all you do for the forum Nick.

yeah but for $20 bucks i don't think you can really complain

TCS does nothing for this forum and did not want to be a vendor but sent in others with free parts to promote them. I could go on for days ... I wont give them a dime as they under cut most of the good shops that give back to the rc community like SMF does. I should not have made that shot at the weight of the tvps they sell but this is half of the reason.

that shot only takes away from FLM and Nick@ SMF and gives TCS a plug in a thread they have no right to be spoken about in.

Sorry Nick and GO FLM!

curious, can i reuse my hardware (i.e. screws) with these TPVs or do i need to get something longer, that will accommodate the less thread-bite due to thicker TVP? also, what do people do about the "softness" of the parts as they "appear" to be raw aluminum.

Talked to FLM today...sounds like the Extended TVPS were close to being ready, but they didn't have a price on them yet. I will check again tomorrow and keep everyone updated.

Thanks Bank, Frddy, Comb for the kind words. I appreciate all the help that the forum has given me and can only hope to give back what has been given.

with my nitro tvps i just used the screws that came with the SMF screw kit but they are the same length and they work fine so stock would also work as for the softness i have not done anything because it hasn't been a problem

with my nitro tvps i just used the screws that came with the SMF screw kit but they are the same length and they work fine so stock would also work as for the softness i have not done anything because it hasn't been a problem

Same here...I've had some slight marring of the aluminum from the screws, but nothing that would cause an issue.

curious, can i reuse my hardware (i.e. screws) with these TPVs or do i need to get something longer, that will accommodate the less thread-bite due to thicker TVP?

yes you can re-use your hardware. i didnt; i also used the smf screw kit , its awesome https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8851
and flm cross-braces http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_183&products_id=1978

also, what do people do about the "softness" of the parts as they "appear" to be raw aluminum.

idk who refers to FLM products as "soft." my guess is it was someone who never owned or used them. They are crazy strong.

http://storefront.smfstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_183&products_id=1978

idk who refers to FLM products as "soft." my guess is it was someone who never owned or used them. They are crazy strong.

the fact of the matter is that aluminum is a "soft" metal be it used in an FLM product or a NASA project. many aluminum products (RC or otherwise) are anodized, as it "hardens" the surface of the aluminum part. if nothing else, it helps with keeping the part looking new by preventing oxidation (i.e, the "dull" look).

i've never tried FLM products. i'm just trying to do some recon on a potential purchase. :beer:

the fact of the matter is that aluminum is a "soft" metal be it used in an FLM product or a NASA project. many aluminum products (RC or otherwise) are anodized, as it "hardens" the surface of the aluminum part. if nothing else, it helps with keeping the part looking new by preventing oxidation (i.e, the "dull" look).

i've never tried FLM products. i'm just trying to do some recon on a potential purchase. :beer:

ok, gotcha.

well, as for oxidation, these plates are creeping up on the better part of 2 years old:
DSC_0194-1.jpg

As for strength of the metal qualities. ive seen them beat to a pulp by multiple users and only know 1 guy that bent em. Check out their warranty; dare i call it the best in the business?

Q.gif
Do you have any guarantees or warranties?
A.gif
Yes. We guarantee each part you buy will fit and perform as intended with stock components.

We believe we have the best warranty in the business. We stand behind each and every part we make. If you bend our break any of our products, simply return the damaged piece along with shipping and handling. And we will send you the replacement. Please e-mail us for details.

http://www.fastlanemachine.net/faq.php

I'm still waiting for a pic of the new TVPS's but word is that they will be ready for shipment from FLM tomorrow. The price on them would be $54.99 for the set of TVP's and the rear driveshaft.

Part # is FLM-45400

Members online

Back