FLM Extended/XL Arm Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeGuam

Is it even worth it or go with some other arms such as RPM, Etc. Seen Bob get ride of his today.

i wouldn't.. The RPM's from what i hear are a tough fit anyway.. you gotta do some modding to get them in there properly.. IMO the HPI plastics do the job and really don't cost anything to have an extra pair laying around just in case.

i wouldn't.. The RPM's from what i hear are a tough fit anyway.. you gotta do some modding to get them in there properly.. IMO the HPI plastics do the job and really don't cost anything to have an extra pair laying around just in case.

+1, HPI arms are the shiz.

ive only broke one but it was colder than 25 degrees out which turns plastic into toffee.

But, i do encourage guys to buy RPM arms so i can get their HPI arms for free or cost of shipping, lol.

I am going to get FLM bulks and it should not have to be modded since it is a FLM Bulhead and FLM ARMS. I cant seem to muscle myself to press the confirm purchase botton.

ive only broke one but it was colder than 25 degrees out which turns plastic into toffee.

But, i do encourage guys to buy RPM arms so i can get their HPI arms for free or cost of shipping, lol.

:lmao:

x3 Stick with stock.

LOL. I will need mine, once I put the ERCM Picco. 28 it is going to be a blast. I plan on flying to the moon and back. <----ZROOM ZROOM

I am going to get FLM bulks and it should not have to be modded since it is a FLM Bulhead and FLM ARMS. I cant seem to muscle myself to press the confirm purchase botton.

ive seen alloy arms cauze major damage

Joe: I run Savage 21 arms - they work well enough, and the nice thing is that you can flip them over - so one arm can be used on any corner.

If you need a few, PM me, and I'll send ya a few.

Bob

GAH - Edit button went away again :cussing:!

Point of interest - the XL (and I think X too) and the RPM are all good for only 2 corners - Right front and left rear OR Left front and Right rear. They only have the shock mounting tabs on one side, where the 21's have them on both.

The 21's are probably as strong as the XL's, at least I seem to have been breaking them both about the same, so since you can get the 21 arms stupid cheap, why not?

Here's a link to a complete set - $12 (not my auction, just a pointer to one example. I have dealt with this seller pretty frequently, good guy)
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HPI-SAVAGE-...ptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item588694dc56

Bob

I'm now running rpm a-arms and love them, at first i admit they were snug,so i was in contact with RPM directly and after a good discussion was informed after a tank or so the arms work themselves in to fit right and with less slop then stock,and the arms arent as snug as they were so I'm guessing he was right..And i didnt shave anything to install them,apparently your not supposed to as there a direct replacement which is why theres no directions with them i was told "makes sense" and after a while they will loosen up which they are!!

I put RPM arms on the front of my Baja, and I needed to shave them down quite a bit - they bound on the hinge pin, and they also were too long, so that the E-clips did not fit on both ends. Add to the fact that the lower suspension balls were a VERY tight fit - hoping another tank or two and they will all be freed up.

That said, they are sturdy as all hell...

Bob

yeah FLM arms are a nono.. thers a video on youtube.. made my change my mind pronto..
I tried to find a video about why I shouldn't get flm arms and couldn't find it. Could you tell me what the problem is? I'm thinking of getting a set

Latest posts

Members online

Back