FLM Extended TVP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

So I finally got around to doing this upgrade. A lot of people here have done this, so I knew it was a good one. I should have done this a looooong time ago.

I used:
(useful information removed)

I am not doing the mid-tank right now. I solved my half-tank lean with extended fuel lines a long time ago.

Here's the metal. Very nicely packaged and sent very quickly from SMF. (Thanks Nick)

(images removed)

Front and rear ready for the tvp's.

(images removed)

Mounted the tranny on the engine plate first:
(images removed)

Motor installed, went ahead and set the mesh.

(images removed)

Getting the right side on took some grinding to the tvps' and engine mount running 16/49 gears. I found out the difference between 6061 aluminum (tvp's) and 7075 aluminum (Nova RC engine mount) I really had to lean into the 7075... that's some tough stuff.

(images removed)

One side done:

(Images removed)

Time for the left side

Add skid plate:

(images removed)

The Goliath tires don't seem too big for the truck now.
(images removed)

Didn't have a body for it yet, so I modified my F650 body and it baaaaarely fit over the shocks.

(images removed)

HIGHLY recommended upgrade. Top quality stuff from FLM.

Last edited by a moderator:
well with that complete its official your truck is now one of my favorites. very nice looking bud and its so well rounded now with the upgraded TVP's. i figured it was only a matter of time. again sweet truck!

you didnt have to grind the typ for your gearing coulda just switched out the skrews to to headbuttons and you would of been set

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

Dan, the screws were not the problem. The Nova mount hung over the motor plate edge a little and the TVP would not press flush. I didn't have to grind much.

better keep that savage close by cuz i will jack those a-arms :sniper2:

That's correct filabob, and frddy don't forget that people in Texas protect their possessions with GUNS!! haha. :blastaway: JK

Thanks again all.

Some aluminum steering blocks and bulklheads, and a couple of other sets of tires and rims and this Savage will be done. I have pretty much run out things to put on it. lol

That's very nicely done. What made u choose the FLM TVP vs CF TVP ? I am thinking about getting one too but FLM looks very heavy.

i got a 08 f-250 body that would look nice on there. its extended for the tvp's. its for a revo, but it fits nicely. Shoot me a message if your interested.

That's very nicely done. What made u choose the FLM TVP vs CF TVP ? I am thinking about getting one too but FLM looks very heavy.

i got a 08 f-250 body that would look nice on there. its extended for the tvp's. its for a revo, but it fits nicely. Shoot me a message if your interested.

PM sent. Thanks man!

You can buy them from SMF Store for a great price. Yes, everything stock fits the Ext. TVP's. You may have to mod your motor plate for dogbone clearance though. If not, you can buy the motor plate too.

thanks what all will i need to get with the lcg ones 2 make it work with stock every thing else? thanks 4 the info whipnet sorry about all the questions.

thanks what all will i need to get with the lcg ones 2 make it work with stock every thing else? thanks 4 the info whipnet sorry about all the questions.

Bashable bling. I like it.

Jon.

You know it Jon, if you go bling, it has to perform.

Hey Whip nice build man, i love the shocks. I was wondering how much does it weight with the Goliaths? Mine is at 16+ pounds / 7.26+ Kg, heavy as a bag of lead. On my last "light" bashing session I killed two dogbones, snapped one A-Arm, both steering links and pierced the body with the shock screws. I've been thinking on how to make it more light but all parts are necessary. One important detail to note, I have the Judge mid tank build.

Heavy parts (that I can think of):
- DS1015 Servo (steering)
- FLM LCG EXT Chassis
- FLM servo plate
- FLM center skid plate
- Goliath tires on Blast wheels
- LST mounting brackets (innovative)
- LST2 Shocks with yellow springs
- Nova cooling head
- Integy rear hub carriers (saved weight on this, i think)
- Integy steering blocks
- 2700 MAh batt pack (5 sanyo AA)
- Buku pipe (not that heavy in comparison with others)

Latest posts

Members online

Back