Flipping over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stripersniper

I've had my savage for 4 months or so with 3 gallons through it. Pretty stock except servos and exhaust. Seems I can't keep it on it's wheels when jumping anymore. Does front flip way too much. Any ideas? And off topic but I've played with 2nd gear some and can't tell much if any difference when running hard. If I ease on throttle I can hear it shift sooner or later but can't really tell at wot so what is the point of it really and do you guys like a sooner or later shift?

How the truck lands is a direct result of how you hit the jumps in the first place, usually the best way to maintain control is to let off on the face of a jump and to land with the throttle in the neutral position so you do not destroy gears in diffs and such..... after it lands then get back on the throttle so the 4wd system can help you stay in control..

as for how it shifts , that is completely up to the guy operating the truck, I like mine to shift just as the engine peaks out in rpm off the line....

Since you did have it jumping properly before, it would suggest you either have mucked up the throttle/brake trim on your radio a bit and now have brake drag at nuetral or you have binding in your drivetrain causing drag. If your having driveline drag of any kind, it will want to rotate forward when you let off the gas for a jump.

I'd get the truck off the ground with the engine off and radio/xmitter on, then spin your wheels in the air. All 4 should spin easily and similarly in speed. Slowly start spinning a rear wheel and increase speed, all the wheels should be very close to the same speed as the one your spinning. If they aren't, you have binding somewhere.

But if you hit wot isn't it peaked out pretty instantly? And the jumping is just weird, use to jump it hard and didn't worry because it landed good, now I'm dreding it because it does a nose dive. The body seemed to help with air time but it's so broke up I haven't used it last few days. I just thought ma
Since you did have it jumping properly before, it would suggest you either have mucked up the throttle/brake trim on your radio a bit and now have brake drag at nuetral or you have binding in your drivetrain causing drag. If your having driveline drag of any kind, it will want to rotate forward when you let off the gas for a jump.

I'd get the truck off the ground with the engine off and radio/xmitter on, then spin your wheels in the air. All 4 should spin easily and similarly in speed. Slowly start spinning a rear wheel and increase speed, all the wheels should be very close to the same speed as the one your spinning. If they aren't, you have binding somewhere.
That sounds like more of what's going on, I always try to roll it and make sure brakes aren't catching but it's some little drag somewhere. I know there's alot more squeaks etc metal type noises when I roll it with motor off.

I didn't know you could over tighten one. One kept falling off and I loctite all of them and tightened pretty hard. I put body back on today and it did alot better. I free rolled it with electronics on and didn't seem to bind. Squeeks seem to be from axles rubbing hubs which it's just going to do I think. I did notice trim is all the way towards me. But throttle and brake work good. Probably something out of line when I changed servo. Guess I'll bash on till it breaks again.

Latest posts

Members online

Back