Flextek RC Titanium Arms

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwalk03

Is anyone using these for the Savage? I just added myself to the list of orders on their website. I know they are $300 a set but everything I have read about them seems these are by far the best arms out there. I hope they get to 100 orders soon so I can get them soon. Just looking for any info because it seems hard to find many reviews on them anywhere else.
www.flextekrc.com

Just like using alloy arms, the forces generated by a big crash has got to go somewhere, if the arms do not flex and absorb hits it is going to be transferred into the arm mounts and bulkheads which more than likely are going to break off..... I suggest going with RPM arms, they come in colors and are much more forgiving than any kind of metal arm is going to be

I agree on sticking with plastic arms.

That being said, back when these first came out they were insanely popular. Due to the price though not many were able to get them. Other reviews would have you believe these bend/ flex and return to normal just as well as any plastic arm. And titanium is much stronger than plastic or aluminum.

If you have money to burn, go for it. But honestly I can think of many better ways to spend that kind of money.

Thanks for the input guys. I like the RPM Arms but don't want to lose my sway bar. I guess while my engine is being sent in for a warranty claim I was just bored looking for tons of stuff to buy for the savage. I know I'm getting off track but Hobby Services just emailed me tonight with an update. They told me this:
We found that the piston and cylinder liner are wore.We also found
that the needle valve housing is damaged, allowing the needle valve
to move up and or down with the vibration of truck. As a customer
service we have waived the cost of the repair and the parts.

Good news is they are covering this. Bad news is I somehow did this to my engine and I thought I was running it pretty carefully with only about 3/4 gallon through it. I was careful during break in and always checking the temps all the time. If anyone has any recommendations when I get it back let me know. Also will I need to do a full break in again when I get the engine back?

Yes, a new piston and liner basically means a "new" engine. I would go through a full break in.

Also, checking temps is only a small part of making sure your engine is running right. Watching the smoke and listening to your engine will give you far better clues to it's health.

Latest posts

Members online

Back