Flex tech

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducman82

Anyone running the Flex tek titanium arms? look like good stuff to me, and flexing is good. billet arms just bend. but plastic one bend and flex but can still break. thoughts guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
I say if you go with a alloy bulk head ok. If not skip them. it puts all the stress to the bulk most of the time a bad landing will rip out the bulk and can take a diff with it as it distorts. I have been running hard for a few years and only snapped 2 HPI arms. one below 30 F out. the other I hit a building WOT. If you can snap them your doing something wrong...

First time bashing well jumping I snapped one (stock). But I was just jumping and not hitting brakes in the air and having awful landings.. Also I was running red soft springs.

I agree with Bank, I have owned a savage for close to 5 years now. Only broken 1 A arm and that was because I hit a tree at WOT.....

+1 with bank, i think i broke 2 & 1 was on that same day below freezing, make the plastic brittle.

My flex tek arms have held up great. Countless back flips gone wrong and lots of other carnage. No problems yet.

felt like to me thart the original hpi arms fromt he savage 21 model and earl savage 25'swere made of a different material. still have my original savage 21 from the first run of savages witht he different uprights and am still running the same arms. bent HCR upper and lower arms as well as hcr alum tvp's. crashed hte truck way too many times to count and raced it too hard and they are still like new, minus the lower shokc mounts that are molded intot he underside of the arm are worn off now on some of them from hitting stuff and landing on other cars and such

Flextek rocks if you can afford them. I have had no problems with mine.

felt like to me thart the original hpi arms fromt he savage 21 model and earl savage 25'swere made of a different material

Yeah, they were made from a tougher plastic. I broke a couple original arms, and they just split at the inner hinge pin hole. The new X style arms that I ran actually showed signs of brittle failure, which is something I've never seen before with HPI Nylon.

I e-mailed Flextech last year about the grade of Titanium used for their arms, and they informed me that they use grade 5 (6Al 4V) Titanium. This means that they should be pretty much indestructible, but I would suggest getting some IRC 7075-T6 hinge pin braces to beef up the bulkhead assemblies, as the arms will put somewhat more stress on them.

Latest posts

Members online

Back