First upgrades for me?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aenima

Hi,

I am a happy owner to a used Savage Flux HP. Want to transform this to a big bad boy.:) As a first step I just want to convert to 17mm hex and the knuckles front and rear. But I am very new to this and there are so many options on ebay. Can someone help me out to find what I need?

Are the Goliath tires good?

Best regards,

Peter

first off, welcome to the forum and to the great hobby/addiction of rc!!!

anyway, the flux should have 17mm hexes to start with. when u say u want to "convert the knuckles", what exactly do u mean? u wan to convert them to what?

@aenima first welcome to HPISF!

The Flux is a monster and you're going to have a blast with it. You are on track with upgrading the 14mm hex to 17mm that's going to save your wheels for sure. The next step I'd recommend is some nice set of large capacity LiPo batteries which will make this truck scream.

Apart of that I'm a fan of RPM products so grabbing a set of RPM a-arms and maybe a skid plate would be a good start both of which will make the truck even more durable and offer protection. But honestly I wouldn't worry about that all to much, just run it until you start breaking things. :D

Welcome to the site aenima! I assume by knuckles you mean the hubs. You only really need to upgrade the rears, and that's to get rid of the steering tie rods.
http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p_prodid=6271&p_catid=147&ratesortby=New#.VUpbm466cUQ

The flux does indeed already come with 17mm hexes.

The main thing is to make sure you have a quality charger and LiPo batteries. You'll want atleast a single 3s pack, but two 3s packs is alot more fun. Aside from that I would tell you to run it until you break something. Then upgrade as you go.

Welcome to :hpisf: aenima

I agree with the other guys, run that rig until it breaks then upgrade as needed, some things to consider are RPM arms are always a good hopup.....
A Main Racing and RC Planet are good places to get parts from they stock most everything needed to maintain the rig..... E Bay is always good too but I find I get better service from a main or the planet.....

Post up some pics of your rig and vids are always fun to see also... above all have fun and enjoy the hobby.....

Hi and thanks for all feedback,

Yes, I was referring to steering knuckles. I have heard the wheels fall of quite foten and that sounds annoying.

I have already ordered front and rear skidplate. Will order a center skidplate too.

/Peter

Latest posts

Members online

Back