First Real Bashing - AMAZING!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredder

I just got back from spending about 40 minutes ripping up the empty lot near my house. There is an area that's big enough for at least six large homes and I just had the best bash session in my life!!!

More pics to follow . . . here's the aftermath:

Shredder__Savage_13.jpg

First two show part of the bash spot. We had a good rain two nights ago and the dirt was soft - I stayed away from the only puddle that was there. There were even sandy parts that were dry and it was so cool to do 360's where the truck was slinging up mud and then it would toss up dusty sand as it came around! I loved it!

There was a very cool bank that was about 6' tall that I'd do large 180 turns on and then come back to do "the jump" that was about 3 1/2 feet tall. I probably flipped over twenty times this afternoon. Many times I'd be into fast turns and the truck would tip up on two wheels and I'd keep it going. I loved it!

The last two photos show the simple mods I made before I went. During my first run on the street two days ago, I had the batteries come out of the battery holders. This has been solved. Also, I created a slightly larger opening in the vent cover where I ran my wiring. I packed the batteries with foam. My wife made me two velcro-like straps - they worked really great.

I think I'll go to the BMX track tomorrow morning. The underside of this truck is D I R T Y! I love it!

Shredder__Savage__Bash_Spot_011.jpg

Shredder__Savage__Bash_Spot_012.jpg

Shredder__Savage_14.jpg

Shredder__Savage_15.jpg

I just returned from my 2nd "real bash" and it was just as good - better than, the first trip.

I went to the same spot and it was -D-R-Y- and the dust was flyin everywhere. The Savage was jumping, rolling, sliding, ripping up the dirt like a chansaw on crack.

It was just awesome, really, really awesome!!!

I can't wait to get 2 more battery packs. The ones I have are superb.

Woo hoo!

At the rate I'm going, my body won't be lasting much longer. Time for a Pro-Line body, I reckon.

There's just nothing like kicking up lots of dirt! I haven't done that in a long time - it's incredibly fun. The Savage was remarkably "clean" after bashing in the dirt for more than thirty minutes today - big difference between dry and wet.

While bashing today I thought often about how nice it is not having to worry about getting the air filter dirty - I like that.

They had to shut down the airport a mile down the road because I was kicking up so many clouds of dirt.

Ok, that's an exaggeration but you get the idea.

I am experiencing SWS (Savage Withdrawal Syndrome) because I have a project that I'm working on through 3:00 am Tuesday. I am allowed six hours of sleep between now and 3:00 am Tuesday morning and there is NO WAY I can stop for an hour and go out and play with . . . er, I mean, continue testing the anti-depression machine.

Ah, the joys of robotics contests! What other self-inflicted punishment could possibly be so enjoyable?

I'll drive it again Tuesday - weather permitting, after my nap.

I was making videos today - bashing, having the time of my life when . . . my Savage killed my camera . . . oh well . . . I bought it used and got my money's worth out of it years ago, so, no big deal. I'll edit the pre-camera-crash videos and post later tonight or tomorrow.

Still loving this truck!!! Four cells is still a plenty for this old man. :rock:

Latest posts

Members online

Back