First mod on the Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

Hey everyone, I had another thread going about lights, but most couldn't get past the Traxxas pictures to actually look at the build thread on my Savage. Anyway, here's a couple pics from tonight...I could probably finish the kit tonight, but I need opinions about how many headlights the beast should have...2? 4? 6? Let me know what you think.

DSCF1424.jpg

DSCF1423.jpg

Here's an idea for four: (crude chop in paint)

four.jpg

Six?

six.jpg

I can't put them in the actual headlight locations because of the way the body bends...the lights would point skyward. Please leave your input.

Looks pretty sweet. Now go get us some pictures of it sitting on the truck in the dark with lights on.

I'd leave the 4 inthe grill and 2 as fog's so 6 total in front. Sweet.

Looks like you're doing 6. Never done lights, but looks pretty cool.

You should add the camera too and do night driving. :)

Alright guys, I worked on it some more last night and finished the kit this morning. Sorry if a couple of the pics are a little blurry...

Heads off:

DSCF1431.jpg

Tails off:

DSCF1432.jpg

Tails on:

DSCF1433.jpg

DSCF1436.jpg

Heads on:

DSCF1437.jpg

Overall I'm pretty happy with the outcome. It all runs off a 9V battery and is completely independent from the chassis. When you take the body off, the lights come off as well. I'll try and get some night pics this evening...now for break in.

great job my friend!!! i only tried driving once at night and wont do that again anytime soon lol

ive never been a fan of the lights or thought them useful, but your project is impressive & looks good. I like how you have the set up exclusive to the body & not mounted on the chassis. +1 to you.
:resp:

Here's the underside. I'm not particularly fond of how the center all came together...but I'll try something new in a couple days:

DSCF1438.jpg

Nice job man, the night pics look sweet....:resp:

Mickey, I really REALLY debated that. It would take a little work, but it is definitely possible. The only issue would be the fact that the lights would no longer be independent from the chassis. The only thing I can come up with is some quick disconnects.

Latest posts

Members online

Back