First Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dewd

Came out better than I thought. I'm not so patient, so a single color was all I could muster (the black shaker hood was painted seperately - no masking :) ).

IMG_1474.JPG

Good jod dude, you should be happy with it, looks good.

But WHY the purple???? :duh:

Don't mind me, I just hate purple. lol

WTF?!?!? Are you serious? that looks awful!! There is no mud or dirt or scratches or missing paint!!!!

Seriously though I think it looks really good. I usually like 'em alittle more flashy but sometimes the flash just ain't needed. Keep it up!!

Good jod dude, you should be happy with it, looks good.

But WHY the purple???? :duh:

Don't mind me, I just hate purple. lol

Dude how old R U? Have you ever seen a real cuda? Thats classic cuda colors!!!

Back on topic... Good job!

I hate purple but when it's on a classic car that is in purple then it is perfect in my book.
Nice first job dude keep it up!

Thanks all! It's got some scratches on it now :)

To the purple-haters: never heard of mopar plum crazy purple?! :nono:

What's the name of that purple you used and how close is it to the frame parts. But nice paint job cool lid.

I used Pactra "Pearl Purple". It took two 3oz cans to coat it well enough to pass the sun test, but that might just be my newb technique. I backed it with black.

Dude how old R U? Have you ever seen a real cuda? Thats classic cuda colors!!!

Man, I am 27. and I have never heard of a cuda! lol

Thats not saying much, since I have been a computer nerd for most of my life here in Sunny South California. :duh:

I do have :resp: for Classics. But I still hate purple. Just look at one of my savages Here. The other savage does not my any purple as well.

Nick

Good job bro...i like the simple stuff myself...i'm getting ready to shoot an all white with tinted windows myself...

WTF?!?!? Are you serious? that looks awful!! There is no mud or dirt or scratches or missing paint!!!!

Oh, if you could see it now. I'll have to take some pics when I get back from vacation (yes, I took it with me - and beat the hell out of it). It's scratched, ripped, creased, and generally effed up. The rear shock towers haven't quite made it thru yet, but their imprints are well-defined in the plastic over the trunk. To think that I spent a few hours and 15 bucks in paint...eh, good fun anyway...

Looks great, especially for a first try!

Purple was a factory color for those...believe it or not, Mopar's official name for it was "Plum Crazy Purple"! In other words, that how a Cuda's SUPPOSED to look!

Not so pretty anymore...

IMG_1597.JPG

Note the string holding the bumper to the mount. You might be amazed at how well some string, some CA glue and spray accelerant works in a pinch. The string bonds to the plastic parts and becomes like plastic itself. Held up for another day's worth of bashing - hopefully even more till I can get back home and order parts...

IMG_1598.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

Dude, i LOVE it! Awesome paint job, looks pretty sick on ghe savage, i might have to look into o eof those to replace my current "skullator" which is durable as all hell, but ugly as sin lol.

The original 'Cudas came in an optional "Plum Crazy Purple", which was a very popular choice at the time. My favorite 'Cuda of all time happens to be the '71 Hemi 'Cuda in plum crazy purple, with the hemi stripes and all :)
P.S. I myself am only 27, but have known about 'Cudas since I was about 5 and my dad came home with one LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
well i must say it definately shows that you don't baby your savage

Members online

Back