Finished my first body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMRbrnSNRbrd

It's got it's flaws, but I learned a few things while doing it...it's a Proline VW Baja:

CIMG0089.jpg

CIMG0088.jpg

CIMG0090.jpg

It looks good. How did you paint the engine? Did you do it in chrome?

Thanks for the compliments guys.

As for the engine...it's not pictured for a reason. I didn't know about chrome paint, so that's one of the flaws I was speaking of.

Also, I never found a different bug shell, but I also wasn't looking for this, just found it.

I love that body! I've been waiting to see someone use it on a Savage so I could see how it looks & works. Just wish it was a little more friendly to use with nitro. I'd like to make one look like the Baja I had when I was in high school.

baja1.jpg

baja2.jpg

I'd like to make one look like the Baja I had when I was in high school.

HAHA.. I drove a Baja Bug in high school too!! It was red, had all the chrome and dual weber carbs on it. The front end had no weight, so I could lift the front tires going from 1st to 2nd. lol

I love that body! I've been waiting to see someone use it on a Savage so I could see how it looks & works. Just wish it was a little more friendly to use with nitro. I'd like to make one look like the Baja I had when I was in high school.

baja1.jpg

baja2.jpg

No reason you couldn't use it. I guess I don't see what you mean by being more friendly to use with nitro....I'm not seeing any problems. However, if anyone is considering this, I would suggest the longer version (mine is the 3238-61 but there's one that's apparently longer, it's the 3238-60) if you have extended TVPs or are like me and have the LST shocks...it's a bit of a tight fit.

i think when he means nitro friendly he is talking about a hole for the mill and tank because if you make one on that body i think it would look weird

That's exactly what I meant. By the time you cut the opening for the motor & fuel tank, you've lost a big chunk of the back end. Not to mention, I'm sure it'll weaken it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice i loved the look of the VW Bug and had to paint one up
My Body but your right, its not very nitro frendly unless you want to take off / put on your body everytime you want fuel or starting it back up.

I think the VW bug holds a special place in everyone hearts.

That's exactly what I meant. By the time you cut the opening for the motor & fuel tank, you've lost a big chunk of the back end. Not to mention, I'm sure it'll weaken it a lot.

not sure what yall mean... i only run nitro and have that lid on one of my savages with no problems ,,, didnt need to cut any thing out for mill or tank,,, fits good .. helps right sideing itself back onto its wheels a lil better when flipping... all around great bashing lid...as mentiond .. you need to get the one made for the xl truck its a tad longer cause its a tight fir with the savage x lid..

060609_1916002.jpg

060909_143300.jpg

I haven't done the holes for the antenna or glow igniter, but you really don't need a huge one for the igniter and I always take a refueling time to check and make sure everything is solid anyway so the lid is off anyway.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back