Finally Perfect!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVYDUNBROKE

Just wanted to take a sec and point out a couple frequently overlooked steps in tuning. I've been so frustrated with my truck lately Ive considered stepping away from the hobby. For a noob like me the steps to tuning are still very complicated. I have figured out a couple very important steps that aren't really exaggerated as well as they should be.#1 is be sure you don't have any fuel leaks, my mid range has been leaking without me knowing and really causing tuning nightmares. Seal your needles with rtv. This is extremely important.#2 is you CANNOT TUNE A COLD TRUCK/ENGINE!! I've been starting my truck and then immediately beginning to tune...this will not work. Ive found that you are wasting your time trying to tune until for me the temp is at least 200 degrees or above. Just wanted to share these couple things. Sorry for the long post.

thank good to know I'm a noob too tring to figure my truck out .. i feel like every time i runn it it act different lol I'm getting the hang of it slowly

I don't know if it is safe to use rtv I would buy green slime that's what I always used and never had a problem. Just my 2 cents

Yeah rtv will harden ok for the mid range needle though as iv heard u should never mess with that one anyway

I know what u mean I just switch my truck to a flux when I get frustrated with nitro. Nice tips though.

I don't know if it is safe to use rtv I would buy green slime that's what I always used and never had a problem. Just my 2 cents

+2, Green Slime works awesome especially if you want to adjust the midrange. In reality the midrange neelde adjustments will make a big and positive difference in performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys...Jus trying to give a little insight to people like myself having troubles. I only used the rtv on my mid range because its the only place I found a leak, I know it will harden but I figured since I've heard to not mess with it that it could be permanent.

Not sure, the green slime is cheap and last awhile you LHS should have it, then I took rtv and just covered the outside of the mid range needle that way it didn't move or leak

I don't have any lhs close by thats why i was asking. Is the slime like thick grease or what? Thanks lmk

Is that the same though I'm not sure, but if it is you will get a whole lot more for the same price. I would double check though just to make sure before I put basically fix a flat inside a carburetor.

Isnt the green slime everyone is refering to the same as what is put in bike tires? If so walmart has it as well as any hardware store or bike shop.

Latest posts

Members online

Back