Finally it here!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read up on the diffs for it. They seem to be iffy and there are some preventative things you can do to make them last longer. As always though, your trigger finger is the biggest enemy of a differential. :)

Congrats on the new rig!

I have been eyeing up the green trim X-Maxx for a bit myself. Beat it up and let me know what needs replacing. :D

Will do the thing looks woohoo mean just sitting in my living room.

While we're talking non HPI stuff, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Kyosho Foxx? They have nitro and electric versions, and look pretty awesome, but I've never had a close look at them. The Traxxas machines perform well, but don't have the durability that led me to the HPI Savage 10 plus years ago.

While we're talking non HPI stuff, does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Kyosho Foxx? They have nitro and electric versions, and look pretty awesome, but I've never had a close look at them. The Traxxas machines perform well, but don't have the durability that led me to the HPI Savage 10 plus years ago.

There is a facebook page dedicated to Kyosho Monsters and from what I know the FOXX is a SWEET rig in either nitro or electric....
I have a USA1 Nitro Crusher since new in 1990 and it is what got me into nitro stuff......

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1089816627813792/

Ya i agree on the traxxas vs hpi thing too, had few traxxas and came to much the same conclusion. But the x-max apears to be a an expetion as its just so much larger, if you run the right lighter tires witch many recommend I bet it will be a tank for you nightflier!

I'm now only a hpi and kyosho guy, i have several of the fo-xx and mad force kusiers gp and ve, and they are truely great and relitively strong and 1/2 the weight of a savage crazy light. If you want to know more about them or have any question send me a pm, as not to derail this great thread too much

To me, the foxx looks cool, kind of like the old mad-force and x-factor back in the day, but the chain drive leaves me a bit suspect. Cool in theory, but not sure I'd want it. Or, I'd want it just for that because for some reason, it's damn cool. LOL! The solid axle has to make it a bit of a pain to drive in rough stuff. Or add to the fun... not sure which.

As for the x-maxx, also look into the shock shaft mod. There's something they do with the shock shafts to make them more durable. I think they flip them end for end. I read up a bit on them on the traxxas forum. I know... shame on me for being there... but 5 of my 7 rigs are traxxas. So, I still dive in their forum once in a while to see if there's any new mods/improvements for the revo, erbe or stampede 4x4.

Trust me I plan on doing all of those things that have been suggested asap. Almost $1000 they'll have to wait for a bit.

Trust me I plan on doing all of those things that have been suggested asap. Almost $1000 they'll have to wait for a bit.
The shock mod is free, pretty sure it's just a matter of flipping the shock shafts and I think the diff thing is more about shimming than anything. Newbies just get it and rip it without doing anything to it and fry the diffs out in short order.

WOuld just hate to see you have to spend another $100 on diffs and shocks 5 minutes out of the gate. :)

For sure i still have your number man I just took the maxx out for a spin today had a couple issues but no biggy. It has rpm rear hubs and washers on the body screws. Maybe we can get jvt73 to bash it up with us next time. Also thank you she's a blast so far!

I think it didn't like a 10ft jump into the air then a 15ft fall over a retaining wall lol.

Attachments

• 20180120_154830.jpg
    20180120_154830.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 0
I think RPM makes a replacement part for that. However, you may want to read up on it. I think I read somewhere that the RPM part flexes/warps and causes issues as well.

Latest posts

Back