finally get the 4.6 from hpi

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzy-Time:)!

P5080585.jpg

all the extra stuff was free since i wauted so long for them to try and fix the 5.9 just to tell me they sending me a mill of my choice.so i took the f 4.6

Wow, nice deal. The 5.9 has its problems. The 4.6 doesn't :D. Glad they sent you the extra stuff. You got some things, including the glow plugs.

That's nice of them. Atleast they made it right with you.

What were your problems with it? I cannot remember but do remember you stating something about it.

Wow man that hooked you up!

Motor, plugs, filter, spurs!

That was nice of them

that is nice of them however even tho the 5.9 sucks its still a lot more money then a 4.6 to purchase. they thru in a few extras for the wait what about the price difference? should be a spare sleeve and piston in the mail. lol

i guess so. on the bright side you can be out bashing again soon as soon as you get it all broke in. Which break in method are you gonna use?

don't know i just start her up and go slow for a few tanks,,i was thinking about putting her on bricks for 1 tank ...will take ideas from everyone.

come,on men drummer is the only one to offer mr a way to break in motor,and what spur gear and bell shoud i put in i rather have it do wheelies then fast down the line,,remeber the f4.6 is going the savage xl not the x so i am sure more wieght

Well for break-in I have started to heat cycle the motors. I put it on a block and let it idle the first tank and make sure it gets to 200-220*F. I then start doing circles and varying the throttle and of course checking temps and cutting it off around 210-220*F. Then after I do a few tanks like that (3-5) I start leaning out in 1/8 increments about every other tank and do that for about 1/4 gallon.

Members online

Back