Finally Basher 2 now complete, Now to see if it runs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So as still off work with this bloody Covid, been 7 days now & still testing positive and had a delivery today from AliExpress, thought I would change the skid plate off this truck as the front one was bent & the rear had a bumper fixing bolt sheared off in it. Already had a set of orange metal bulkhead lower plates in my parts box.

1676924079334.jpeg1676924580912.jpeg

Bummer mate not great at least you have no symptoms though when I got it I lost complete taste & smell for 2.5 months which was over Xmas of all times! 💩
On a humorous side though perhaps you have duff batch of covid tests like your g/plugs, sorry couldn’t help myself! 😂🤣

So finally got it to run without the ignitor in it. Looks like although the plugs which I was trying in it were new there must have been an issue with them. Put the ignitor on the truck this morning with the new N04 hot plug in it and before I even got around to trying to start it noticed the plug died as the meter on the ignitor suddenly went from 1.5 to 0 volts. Anyway went out and bought 3 new plugs, 1 a Firepower F4 cool, 1 an OS no8 medium & an OS LC3 hot. Put the Firepower F4 cool plug in and it fired straight up and run without the ignitor. The OS#8 is what is recommended for this mill according to TT but is running well on the Firepower cool plug.
The plugs which had the issues were all HSP brand, have had this happen on a couple of my other truck, were the plug died as so as the ignitor was attached, these to were HSP ones. So I think from now on I won't be buying anymore of them. Worth paying a little more for a decent brand me think. Plus when you bang plugs out like this they don't work out that cheap in the end. Yet another lesson learnt.👌👍🆒
Man I bought the HSP #4 and had the same problem. It wouldn't run without the ignitor. I put the stock B5 plug in and it ran great... I think these HSP plugs don't work well for the big block engines...

I would certainly avoid HSP plugs. Would avoid OS plugs sold on Ali as well since most are low quality copies. For big block mills, stick with the following:

Rossi nr 6
Enya nr 6
OS nr 8

(price ascending)

Gazzman, just out of curiosity, what brand nitro fuel were you using? Did it come in a tinplate container or a plastic bottle? When did you first open the fuel bottle/tinplate container?

Screenshot_20230912_071603_Chrome.jpg

Gazzman, just out of curiosity, what brand nitro fuel were you using? Did it come in a tinplate container or a plastic bottle? When did you first open the fuel bottle/tinplate container?

View attachment 11624
Why do you ask? Do you think it went bad? I just bought an Rc setup with some old containers still sealed in the tin can. Hoping it is still good

Latest posts

Members online

Back