Finally - 3 speed shifting correctly!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiteRida

Basher in training...
I had the 3 speed kit in once before, but just couldn't get it set right. I became so frustrtred with it that I was ready to trash it. So I re-installed the 2 speed.

Well, I re-installed it today with the highspeed 3rd gear. On the 2nd gear I cranked it way down from wher I had it (2 full turns clockwise). Then on the 3rd I cranked it down 2-1/2 turns. I'm sooooo glad I finally tried it again. It was spot on!

When I had it in the first time I just wasn't aggressive enough on the clutches. It seemed like it would start in 2nd and then instantly hit 3rd. Based on how much I had to tighten it.. it wasn't in first very long at all and then would hit second and then thrid super quick. It's all good now.

I'm not sure I really noticed the "high speed 3rd gear", but it's the cool factor of hearing it shift twice. It's not needed for bashing, but I think it's cool..

So, if you have a 3 speed that's giving you trouble on the shift points, then get aggressive with the clutch settings.

Jon.

thanks for the info. I have a 3 speed in mine as well that i still haven't set. right now it won't shift out of second:FarleyParty:

Latest posts

Members online

Back