Filthy and Sandy Savage!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty Nail

I just recently bought a Savage x 4.6 on evilBay and when I got it, the thing is absolutely filthy! I mean there is sand and crud everywhere! In the pics it looked pretty clean but I know they can be deceiving. I think the guy took it out for one last bash and didn't clean it! lol. OK...not here to bash anyone BUT what is the best way to clean nasty sand off the truck? I've never had to clean sand off...just dirt mainly from track like conditions.

I use compressed air after every run on any RC just before bringing it back inside the house. On a really dirty 1, I spray with Mean Green then rinse with water then use the compressed air also. Just be careful to not spray the carb filter!! If using water to rinse, use air & lube where you can to help prevent rust!

Thanks for the tip guys. That's what I used is compressed air from my compressor. Worked great! Then I used some purple power spray which also works great. This is clean as I'm going to get it right now. Good enough for a basher.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    367.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    399 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    372.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    387 KB · Views: 1
+1 for Air compressor. But I use MOO-Kleen by CowRC! The stuff works, I spray that stuff on, hit the truck with water and Air compressor. Easy and fast. If I want something from the store I use Simple Green and water with a few brushes from the auto-parts store and old toothbrushes. It works great. Then when I'm done I all used MOO-Slick to protect for the next bash.

Winter is my free time.
Complete dis-assembly, scrub each and every part with cleaner and re-assemble. Also gives me a chance to evaluate problem areas.
Used to do a dozen trucks, but i am now down to 3 that i run

Members online

No members online now.
Back