Fast Gear Wear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage89

I have a GH 49T Steel Spur Gear with a hardened 15T Clutch Bell. The gears are messed nice but the spur gear is still wearing out quickly is this normal, Is the gear being broken it???

wow,
No you should not be wearing out a steel combo set.
I'm on my second gallon of gas through my axial .28 RR spec 1 and my plastic 52 spur looks like new. Ive got the nut cranked all the way tight also. 15 tooth cb
I went to a steel combo set when I was hav n spur gear issues. I used to go through them like crazy. After checking everything and overlook n nothing I got it.( thanks hpisf ) A couple loose screws and cracked engine block was causins it.
The plastic spurs are your first line of defense agai nst break n your truck.

I'm with crash on that one. If you really want to stay with a steel setup, I would suggest that you buy a combo thats sold as a set.
Like a Robinson Racing combo for instance.. The mesh is matched up perfectly If installed correctly.
I would also consider beefing up the motor plate and the surrounding supports to insure that the motor has an extra chance against un-wanted movement.

I have the same problem I am running a Golden Horizon Spur gear with a HPI HD CB....yet after 2 runs it looks like it will go out with a tank or two. Someone was telling me to go with a Kyosho or a Mugen CB and see how it holds up.

I have the same problem I am running a Golden Horizon Spur gear with a HPI HD CB....yet after 2 runs it looks like it will go out with a tank or two. Someone was telling me to go with a Kyosho or a Mugen CB and see how it holds up.

I only got one tank through mine and its starting to look terrible

Latest posts

Members online

Back