Fan assisted heatsink head cooling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polystyrene

okay, i saw this on another forum and thought i would post it here so we could all have a good laugh too. its from rb innovations, the same people who brought us the pointless supercharger kit.

anyway here it is:

cooling_fan2.jpg

heatdiagram.jpg

and heres the speel:
The diagram illustrates the heat transfer through the head as well as the tubes. This system adds surface area to the head without interfering with other aftermarket components. The head and cooling system allow up to a 45% reduction in engine operating temperature. This provides maximum performance without sacrificing engine life.

i especially love the fact they even bother to patent there ideas, but hey its only $35 :moon:

You flip one time and it's toast. Besides that if you engine is running too hot you need to tune it, not put a fan on it. If you must cool your engine down get a Nova Head. Lol good find poly, it amused me.

If you're not getting enough airflow to the motor, just cut some bigger holes in the windshield. This works well with electric cars, but not for nitro...Just another item to suck the batteries down and to get in the way...But if it floats someone's boat, then good for them!

nope....but then again, I don't see that as a big set back as you don't really have to change it with every tank of fuel....But, it you're having tuning issues and generally loosen the plug to help start the car, then it can be a pain I'm sure.

also....If this system is blowing air down onto the head, then it's fighting the air trying to go in....Maybe if it was trying the suck the air out...I don't know, this is hurting my eyes, lol

I have a feeling I would be banned if I bought one of those things. Am I right Chunky?

haha....It's a possibility, lol....
Um, I mean....Here at HPISF, we support all current, past, and future sponsors and vendors in our R/C community, lol

I'm always open to new mods and accessories, but I'd like to see a company come out with something that works, lol. Possibly even have a item that won't cost an arm and a leg for some performance(not referencing the fan).

lol...Not referencing the Supercharger, Megabyteme will swear by them. I don't comment on those as I have never had any experience. I was referring to companies in general, lol...Don't try getting me in hot water with Mega now, lol.

how do you get a glow heater on to start the engine without taking all that off every time.

bad enough when the engine dies after putting the shell on.

last time one of the heatsink fans were posted i dismissed them as crap.
the fan is/looks like a 40mm fan. this thing will have to be drawing some juice to produce any airflow-they are usually used in pc's to cool north/south bridges, and they are rubbish, loud pieces of rubbish. also as cm pointed on, any airflow coming in through the car will mess with the fans' airflow...and i have a supercharger!! might get to run it somepoint soon...

Like poly said, it's designed to be used with the EZ Start system. In case there are any newbies that haven't come across an EZ Start yet, it's basically a thing you pop over the glow plug with a little wire running up out of the cooling head, which goes to a jack where you plug in a special starter wand. There's also an electric starter attached to the motor that runs at the same time as the glow plug ignitor. All you have to do is plug in the wand and press the button. My brother had a T-Maxx with that setup. We both hated it...lol!

LOL I wasn't tryin to make you sound dumb, just thought it might help out someone who didn't know...besides, I've been running a savage for like 3 or 4 years now, and sometimes I have to really sit here and figure out what people are trying to say when the start using things like HSN or LSN, etc. Sorry 'bout that!

Dude i know you werent trying to make me sound dumb :D Sorry.. Its jst that I had a revo before the Savage :)

Lol i know its MUCH better than the revo coz now I'm a expert at the savage :p See i'v been registered on here before you :p. .. hehe..

ummm...ok...not sure what our registration dates mean to the fact that I complimented you on switching from Revo to Savage, but whatever :D

wow all this time I though I had a killer Tmaxx 2.5 with a supercharger,nos,easy start and a fan with tube inserts on the head. :FarleyParty:

ummm...ok...not sure what our registration dates mean to the fact that I complimented you on switching from Revo to Savage, but whatever :D

Just wanted to show you that I'v had the savage for awhile.. :40:

Sorry if it waz confusin lol..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back