Failing one way bearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoolin

So i just got a used Savage X4.6 and i am sorta new the the RC scene.

Anyways i did some searching and i am pretty sure my one way bearing is going. I go to crank the engine and it seems to skip sometimes and not grab as its trying to crank.

I looked up a part number but i am not 100% sure if its the correct one, can someone confirm this for me please.

Part # HPI 1430 - $12.87

Also my savage had a RB Supercharger that i took off because it was so damn hard to tune. Now i cant even get it to start. Should i just reset all the screws to stock (flush)? and try again? It basically wont even crank over.

If anyone wants any pics of the supercharger installed let me know as i have a few.

Thanks guys.

1. s/c sucks
2. ya, back to stock needle settings/flush to start the thing
3. check things before assuming. not saying it isnt the 1way but just look over the truck.

Give the one way bearing a liberal squirting with WD-40 and see if that stops the slipping.

You can also loosen the glowplug 1/2 turn when starting the engine if it is cold. It will let a little of the extra pressure by and make the bearing not as likely to slip.

well taking off the super charger was the best thing you could do they make it impossible to tune "as you found out" and there extremely hard on the engine....

Thanks for the replys guys.

I sprayed some WD40 in the bearing, it still slips but not as bad. I bought one to have on hand for when its totally toast.

I got it tuned pretty good now, took a while but without that SC, it is much easier to tune/run.

Now my only problem is fixing the brakes. I think i need new discs/pads.

Latest posts

Members online

Back