Fail Safe!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JroCc

I kinda put purchasign a fail safe down toward the bottom of my list of goodies to buy for my savvy...uhhh yeah big mistake...i'm hard headed and thought it couldn't happen to me...every list that recommends items to purchase for your savvy recommends a fail safe in the top 5 or 6. If you're new like me or even if you have a truck without a fail safe...I highhhlllyyyyyy recommend you getting one whenever you have the means.

My savvy took off on me on Saturday and slammed into a parked car...luckily it hit the car just right..i mean perfectly where their wasn't any damage done to the vehicle nor my savy...had it done any real damage and the parked car need to see a body shop..that would have cost as much as another RC for myself...Needless to say I went directly to the LHS and picked one up...in my opinion..its the best part i've purchased for my new savv and I should have done it first. LOOOOOL

Happy Bashing!!!!!

No I encourage the "I told you so"s cuz everyone did LOOOL

Dave..that truck took off and I was almost full throttle coming up a hill in a pretty big field...and it made the loudest SLAM when it hit the car....LOL I was real lucky...Just got off the phone with a friend who does paintless dent repair and he said if he couldn't have fixed the damage its a minium of 400 bucks for a body shop to fix depending on the damage.. OUCH..thats another Savvy that could have been added to the family...LOL

I only hope I help my brother noobs in deciding to move the fail safe purchase up the list to number 1 or 2..LOL

thanks again...

fail safes boys...and yes..they did tell me so..more than once. :)

Its just one of those things that everyone insists cant happen to them. And then it does and they are believers in the failsafe from then on. Glad you found it out and didnt have to purchase more than the failsafe on your trip to the hobby shop. :duh:

I guess seeing is believing...LOOL and I am now a beleiver. :nono:

Actually If I had a choice with my I would have much rather handed a hobby shop 400 plus for a new truck..at least I get to have something in return..but to have to hand it over to a stranger who will probably live with whatever minimal damage and pocket the money would be much worse..but either way..it was my fault... def a lesson very luckily learned...

A fail safe was the first thing I added to my first Nitro rc. I don't know why but I had this nagging thought of it racing away and getting destroyed. Shortly after I got my fail safe I was hearing stories of all these run away vehicles from friends. The same friends who kinda laughed at me for "wasting" the money and adding weight to the vehicle. HEHEHE guess I got the last laugh when mine was still running.

the first nite i got mine (used) i didnt know the antenna was broke on the truck,i had just had my leg cut on and had to chase the thing across the field before it stopped.glad it was only above idle when it did it.
the second time it crossed the field,crossed the highway (right in front of a motorcycle) and hit a tree. if it hadbeen 6 more inches to the right it would havebeen in a pond.
i went the next day and bought a failsafe.(cheap little insurance0

everyone is saying that the failsafe is great but i have one in mine and it doesnt do a darn thing for it, is there something I'm missing with it?

What kind do you have? I have a Venom and it has a adjustment on it.
I always test it before every run. Turn on truck and transmitter and give it full throttle-engine not running- and turn off transmitter. Should go to full brake position.

i will try that but first i have to tighten up the screw to the servos since i just noticed that there loose, but i was out driving/bashing my savage (like 5 minutes ago) and all of a sudden it takes off full power into the fence in my backyard and i couldnt get it to stop or slow down so i just ran the gas out of it.

ok the fail safe that i has is an ofna and the status light is blinking when its on. would batteries that need replaced be the reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure that you have too turn everything on. The failsafe should be flashing. Then if you look closely at the failsafe there should be a little button that you can push with a paper clip or pencil tip. With brakes applied at full, push and hold it in for two seconds. After two seconds the blinking light will pause just slightly and then continue blinking. The failsafe should now be set. To test, do what Pineapple said, just give it full throttle and then switch off the transmitter. It should apply full brakes.

I believe that the blinking light means everything is ok.

Solid light means, low battery (hump pack) or interference.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, I'll see if I can't find the instructions for mine.

- Hawk

ok i will try that right now thanks!

ok i did that and it does that, so when it goes out of control again just turn off my radio then?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, what happens is, say you are out driving and you are at wide open throttle heading away from you and you drive so far that your transmitter cannot reach the truck any more. Before you had a failsafe the truck would just keep going, but now that you have a failsafe, the failsafe recognizes that it is not getting signal from the transmitter and applies the brakes.

Other reasons is maybe the batteries in your transmitter go out, you drop it and the batteries fall out. You drive under some power lines and the truck receives interference. All of these things will cause the failsafe to activate the brake.

You feel awful for someone when you see them running after their truck. It is cheap insurance.

The failsafe however will not apply the brakes if your hump pack on your truck dies.

Hope this helps,

Hawk

Latest posts

Members online

Back