Fail Safe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulua

Is this something I need? If I have a 2.4GHZ system do I still need one.
if so what do you recommend?

Thanks
ulua

as far as i know someone correct me if i wrong, if you have a 2.4ghz system you don't need a seperate Fail safe cause there is one built into the system.

ok that's what I thought, thanks, also how does the fail safe work?
I know if you go out of range or if the controller battery dies the servo should go into break mode, what happens when the receiver battery dies?, I know it the servos will not have power, will my servo return to neutral or break or will it stay with the throttle open and my truck running away?

thanks
ulua

thats what the throttle return spring is for, that spring (i use some small rubber bands myself) should return the throttle when the servos loose power. but as a test so you know is turn on the reciever and the radio (without the engine running of course) and pull full throttle, then turn off the receiver and see if the servos go back to neutral and the throttle closes.

If your receiver battery goes dead the fail safe will not work period.

thats what the throttle return spring is for, that spring (i use some small rubber bands myself) should return the throttle when the servos loose power. but as a test so you know is turn on the reciever and the radio (without the engine running of course) and pull full throttle, then turn off the receiver and see if the servos go back to neutral and the throttle closes.
Thanks Sharkattack
If your receiver battery goes dead the fail safe will not work period.
Thanks Joe,
I just was hoping that the servo or receiver had a built in Voltage sensor that would automatically return the servos to neutral or break when the receiver battery voltage hit a certain low point. I will do like what shark said use a rubber band or return spring.

Thanks
ulua

use a rubber band or return spring.

The spring and/or rubber band may not be able to pull the servo horn back to neutral position (the slide carb attatched to servo/throttle return assembly to rod then servo arm to the servo itself) especially when your last throttle input was in WOT. The servo may hold the throttle assembly in the last position. Once again it is a 50/50% chance of success to failure ratio.

is there any type of battery low indicator that can be installed on the receiver or the receiver battery to indicate when the battery is running low?

thanks
ulua

Most 2.4ghz radios have signal fail safe whens the last time you lost signal with a 2.4ghz radio ? Anyways get a external that has voltage one and make sure your batt is tied down good lol as if that happens your sol

I just ask, cause I rather be safe then sorry, I ordered that battery voltage indicator that shark posted for me.

Thank guys for all your help
ulua

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back