Fail-Safe Unit for HPI Savage XL 5.9 Specifically

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheelin Rev

I am looking for folks that run the HPI Savage XL 5.9 AND have an operational fail-safe unit installed. I need your complete model information on the fail-safe unit so I can order one that is identical to yours.

I have a similar thread at Savage Central Link that you might also want to take a look at.

TIA for everyone's assistance in matching a working fail-safe configuration with the HPI Savage XL 5.9 monster truck.

Ideas and Comments Welcomed

Dave

Any reason why it has to be an XL 5.9? Fail safe is integrated with the RX and not to a specific truck.
The reason was to specify the car model which then specifically species a specific receiver and servos. We tried to get a Dynamite working but the car goes into fail-safe and soon as the throttle is applied. I would like to find an OFNA user with a stock Savage XL so I know it is fully compatible. We could not find the cause of the problems with the Dynamite. Dave

i have a OFNA fail safe on my Hellfire (bought it new at the LHS about 6 weeks ago). Although its not a Savage XL, it has the same stock Tx/Rx that comes with the X/XL/Hellfire.

Works Great.

i have a OFNA fail safe on my Hellfire (bought it new at the LHS about 6 weeks ago). Although its not a Savage XL, it has the same stock Tx/Rx that comes with the X/XL/Hellfire.
This is why I specifed a specific model... I wanted to make sure the radio receiver and servos were the same manufacturer. I figuered more people knew what they had on the outside that what they have inside. I need to compare apples to apples.

Thanks everone for your responses!

Dave

Hey Dave, i used a Fastrax micro failsafe with the stock radio gear, cant get the OFNA one here, mine was a stock X but same Tx, Rx and throttle servo as XL i just had a hitec steer servo, worked fine for me, tested it before every run and never had it fail.

If you plan on upgrading your radio set at any time in the future then many radios have built in failsafes these days as iv just discovered with my new spektrum, eliminating the need for a seperate device.

This is why I specifed a specific model... I wanted to make sure the radio receiver and servos were the same manufacturer. I figuered more people knew what they had on the outside that what they have inside. I need to compare apples to apples.

Thanks everone for your responses!

Dave

ok Dave, i gotcha ;) yeah the OFNA model has worked perfectly, no complaints and reasonably priced :resp:

Sounds like the OFNA is the way to go. I used dynamite fail safes when I had the stock radio gear and it worked fine. my only complaint was it would go to fail safe mode for low battery a little to soon.

Members online

Back