F4.6 twin carb mod!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupar

Here's a couple of pic's of my twin carb setup.
initial stages are completed. liner has been ported and polished as has the crank. New bearings all round and nova cooling head to boot.
Twin Force 28/32 carbs running modified breather filters (foam inserts inside)

Custom machined weighted flywheel and modified exhaust.

gallery_449_557_121742.jpg

gallery_449_557_124861.jpg

man that looks sharp... I'm also interested to hear how she runs as more air to the engine = more power i would think.......

Nice set up Great Idea let us know if it makes any difference its going to be a rough tune!!

Very interesting!! Use two motorsaver air filters though....there isnt enough foam in the ones your have to actually protect the engine...

Last edited by a moderator:
initial stages are completed. liner has been ported and polished as has the crank. New bearings all round and nova cooling head to boot.

that is a pretty kool lookin' set up bro. my knowledge of r/c's grows every day & I'm wondering what effect dual carbs is going to have on engine performance.....do you have any insight?
Also, i would love to see some video of that monster mounted up in your r/c & then how it performs...:Xfingers: :Xfingers:

that is a pretty kool lookin' set up bro. my knowledge of r/c's grows every day & I'm wondering what effect dual carbs is going to have on engine performance.....do you have any insight?
Also, i would love to see some video of that monster mounted up in your r/c & then how it performs...:Xfingers: :Xfingers:

Hi there,
Not sure what performance gains are to be had. My initial thought is that when the carbs are tuned the engine will idle far better and hopefully more fuel and air means bigger bang!

If it doesn't work it can be reverted back to a single carb engine.

Does a duel carb have any benefit on a single cylinder engine?

We shall see.

Back in the days certain motorbike manufacturers made single cylinder 2 stroke bikes with twin carbs to give them more top end power.

If it works for them then it may apply the same principle here.

Who know's nothing to lose!

2 smaller carbs were used on those bikes. Just like the old Dodges with 3 two barrel carbs on the 440's. They could also be replaced with one big carb like a domionator. same for the small nitro engine. It can only handle so much fuel. You can richen one carb enough to flood the engine so leaning two to work like one dosent seem to be of any benifit. In fact the fuel running down the hose and pouring into the engine will probably be less effective/efficient than one carb directly over the crank.

I'm not just trying to rain on your parade. I'll give you an A for effort, but I got to say, I don't think this is a good idea.

That remindes me of a VW BUG racing engine. Looks SICK:resp:

used to have a porshe 914 a long time ago. dual Webber's with velocity stacks. mine were chrome though. wow flash backs......

Right so two carbs with high and low needles dumping at the same time wouldnt be effective. You would need one for low and the other for high. Like a lsn/hsn. Two carbs dumping would flood the engine unless they were leaned to the point where they were each dumping about 1/2 the fuel they would normally dump.

Mes agree with Grumpy..but it sure looks cool as heck!
Mes curious too tho on how it will work for you-keep us updated please?
Plus rep your way too...

well, what ppl here saying is right regarding the raptor660

does the 3.5 engine carb is smaller? if yes that will help to use both on ur engine

more air=more power thats true,
but u will get an effective breathing to the engine using both, it might not work with smaller engine, anyway u can use a bigger mill, like the 32 or 5.9?

i have seen a sirio engine with twin cylnder, it was a concept showed last year

looks like this 1

any updates yet i curious of what happens hurry up with vid please we are all dying to see it

hey guy's.

Sorry about the delay in replying work is hectic at the mo.

Sadly I'm no further forward at the mo du eto work commitments although I will be starting her up this week coming so video will be in tow shortly.

well, what ppl here saying is right regarding the raptor660

does the 3.5 engine carb is smaller? if yes that will help to use both on ur engine

more air=more power thats true,
but u will get an effective breathing to the engine using both, it might not work with smaller engine, anyway u can use a bigger mill, like the 32 or 5.9?

i have seen a sirio engine with twin cylnder, it was a concept showed last year

looks like this 1

talk about a toque monster...i bet it would eat through a drive line in no time at all....i would rather see an inline vs a vtwin..

Well I must say that this thread has started people thinking at the very least. Get that video up and then the theory will be put to fruition. Keep up the good work!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back