f4.6 front bearing leaking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I'm having some troubles with this thing. Ever since I had to replace my front bearing its been a night mare just finding one. hobby stores around me are useless and tell me my only option is buying a crank case with new bearings... With the money I've spent on bearings, I should have just done that.

But I'm just wondering, does any one know if k4.6 front crank bearing will fit? I found a bearing from losi that looked almost identical, same specs. Fit my crank and crank case. Had the rubber seal on one side instead of just a steel washer. Then I reused the brass reinforced rubber seal on the outside and it still leaks. I can't find those rubber seals seperate...

If I install the bearings with their rubber seal on the outside, will that work? I've only been putting these bearing into my engine with their seals towards the inside because thats how my stock one came out. Then it had another seperate seal on the outside.

Stupid f engine, no body has replacement parts around me. Hense me buying a used k for a spare I can actually fix lol.

I hope thats not chinese. And you can actually understand it. You guys are the gurus. LHS people are ... not helpful and only making my life harder with half the crap I've been told.

One guy told me not to use air filter oil with any filter. It restricts horsepower... He says

This same guy didn't know what a crank shaft was for...ohhh man! Just a little FnF for you, fun fact for the night.

Not sure if the k4.6 will work (should) .. but if your having bearing problems (been there w/ my surefire .32) my front bearing was also leaking I bought a new one and STILL the bearing would leak also wouldn't seat in the case. I had to get me a new crank case.. solved the problem plus I have all new bearings front and main bearing ..

I found a crankcase (for 40 bucks ) not really a bad deal IMO .. sorry couldn't be more help bud
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=HPI15244

I have the same problem with my f4.6. I will admit I tried to mod the engine myself, stupid I know, but the front bearing started leaking before I modded the crank. only about 2 gallons on the engine and it's my first nitro vehicle. I was going to try a local bearing dealer, they had everything i threw at them for my pocket bike. is it better to just buy the block rather than change the bearing. if so I might just hold out for a new engine.

k4.6 does fit. Also the axial spec1 will fit as well. I heat the bearing up before I put it into the cranck case. I also use a this layer of green slime/or grease around the edge.

Oh really? See I've meant to go down to the store with my vernier and measure the k bearing and compare it to the stock f. Just haven't had time yet.

So if thats true, that would be decent. I know the cranks are almost identical. There were very minute differences with oil galley ways and what not. Otherwise outside diameters were the same.

Cool. Thanks guys. I must admit... though, if I found a crank case I would probably just buy it. And after doing so I would wonder why I haven't bought a new engine lol

doesgo you don't happen to have ones that fit the s25 do you. I should just replace it as well but it's good to screw with an engine I don't care about before I have to do it to one I do care about.

edit: I just looked it up and the s25 runs a 607z which appears to be the same size as those axial bearings. Am I right?

Last edited by a moderator:
need some help please i have k4.6 carb not getting full change tank full lines muffler casket and casket in back of motor only starts when i put full in carb it looks like i am not getting full in carb can some one help please triad everything i think......

k4.6 does fit. Also the axial spec1 will fit as well. I heat the bearing up before I put it into the crank case. I also use a this layer of green slime/or grease around the edge.

Sorry this is not true as far as installing the front bearing. You should heat the oven 250° cook crank case 10min. Place bearing in the freezer about 30min. Take crank out of the oven, bearing directly out of the freezer and fit to the crank. DO NOT TAP THE CENTER OF THE BEARING!!!

Does your crank case smoke or smell funny in the oven? I've been using a heat gun because I was scared it was going to smell funny and piss my girlfriend off when she found out I was cooling a nitro engine in our engine lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back