F4.1 Head Button

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X25

it's all good
Has anyone had any problems stripping the threads out of the head button on the 4.1(the part that the glow plug threads into) If you have any insite as to why this is happening then please let me know. At first i thought that i migt have crossed threaded it but then it happened on a secound one the next day.

How tight are you tightening the plug? Don't reaf it down. Just snug it. Also was the engine cold or warm when it happened?

aluminum is soft get a head from nova they are friends of ours and will hook you up. i use there heads and they are very nice.

Does anyone know the thread of our Glow Plugs? like 10-24 or is it metric? This would be nice to know. You might just need to run a tap through the head. Could be that the factory tapped holes are to tight (the hole thats drilled first is to small for the tap size). This would cause very sharp threads in the head. Very easy to strip. But If know one knows the thread size of the glow plugs I'll find out tomarrow at work.

1/4-32 thats wierd the only two tap sizes I know of are 1/4-20 nc & 1/4-28nf But thats my industry standard. should try to find a 1/4-32 at a hardware store..good lookin out none of the thread finders that I have in my tool box fit today. But I don't have metric. I did try a 8mm nut and it doenst thread on so. Its close but no cigar..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back