Evolution of the Savage Flux?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TIME MACHINE

I tried to do a search and came up empty.

Has anyone chronicled the different electric Savage models? I'm curious to know what the differences are been the various models, through the various owners of the company.

Are the differences only body and electronics? The latest incarnation of the Savage is really confusing with three separate models or versions?

Where would one go to attempt to figure this out? Thanks in advance.

electric models.....

1-the green lid XL is like an XL version of the FluxHP and some of those parts will not interchange with the newer models

2-the Black lid XL went through changes. the frameail holes were moved, the servo/reciever box were changed, tranny and its case were changed and unsure of gearing(slipper gear moved from center to right) the motorplate is different, and ESC mount is different . unsure of any other changes

3- the V2 XL was changed yet again. servo/reciever box changed, teh tranny was changed to more of a direct drive differential type , motormounts were changed yet again, frames are visibly different as are the battery boxes.

4-UNclear on any changes to the uprights on any of the newer models
I was in the process of changing aN HP to the XL and bought new frames for it off epig.
Nothing between the framerails would work from my HP to the new rails exept the uprights and these rails were from the Black lid model, an not the V2 I am pretty sure.

I am gettin a NEW Black lid version truck( version before the current V2) and should arrive in a few days. will know more then

Thanks bifftit! Lots of good information there.

It is difficult to follow the various generations of the e-savage (flux) as there have been so many variations. It makes chasing parts all that more difficult.

yes, there are HUGE differences between the savage flux and the E-savage. also a HUGE difference between previous company owner savages and preset owner savages....lol.
got a XL V2 motorplate yesterday from Jenny's RC........that won't even fit between older chassis without modification

the changes started with the black lid truck .
differentials are different to. the old ones would not fit into this model or newer, they were too big

I have a Savage SS that I bought around 20 years ago. Way back then I was hoping to convert it to electric, but there were not any options available to do so. Recently, I dug it out of the basement and found that I missed the window of a conversion kit being available from HPI, but that there are electric versions still being made. This led me to investigate the history.
What I found is this…. On the HPI website, you can see the discontinued models, and there is a link to the model replaced it, and then that one has a link, etc.
I don’t know if there are any blanks, but it may get you the info that you are looking for. IMG_2518.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Back