esavage diff questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cwheeling

I have a small job ahead of me. What I am wondering is if this part that broke is a common one, or do I have another problem. I know the diffs in hpi savages are commonly rebuilt in many different ways. I am curious to know the options in the esavage. Please offer any help! Because I feel this will just happen again if I don't fix the right way. This truck is not stock and currently runs 2x 2s lipos w/ dual 700 motors on it. That info might help.Thanks

To see the pic check out my album esavage
It was too large to put here, sorry

I have don't this a few times. HPI did make a change to the bevel gears at one point where there are a few of the older ones hanging out there yet. The Bevel gears that have the dimple in them on the inner side are the newer ones. These are better than the old ones that have a flat end.

Also, GCM has some great diff hop-ups for the E-Savage that are very good to install. I never got to doing this because of money and very little run time. I did bust a few like this as well. Also be careful not to over tighten the hex-pin screw as this may cause this as well.

Just a few pointers from working with these.

I will try the better HPI replacements first. And buy the GCM for backups, just in case. I will give an update as to how this works. Thanks

Well this is quite a delay on the followup but I do have some news. The hpi replacement gears are needed! I did replace the diff cups with the GCM blue cups and have had great luck with them I only changed the front diff and sent my boy to the world finals and he got 3rd place in novice with his truck(yea I know lazy dad didn't change both diffs) Well I am changing the rear diff tonight so he can race at NLVA race this weekend. I willgive you another update as thing go along. I will work on getting pics up too!

Just a quick update! My boy took 3rd at the last race and blew the rear diff again(after inspection I noticed it a little tight, removed 1 shim and its smooth again) Raced again and won 1st this time and the truck is not broken! I think we are making progress! GCM diff cups are the way to go with the HPI replacement parts!

Latest posts

Members online

Back