Engine won't turn over, but it isn't flooded

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glaffspunt

Hi guys,
I started my Savage X 4.6 the first time this year a couple days ago, and it ran fine. Today, though, I flooded the engine, and so the rotostart wouldn't turn the engine over.
I released all of the fuel in the engine, but even without the engine being flooded, the engine still won't turn over as if it is flooded.
It isn't an OWB issue, as the rotostart itself won't even turn.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks, but that doesn't help. The problem I'm describing isn't that the engine is flooded.
It SEEMS as if the engine is flooded, as the engine wont turn over, but the engine ISN'T flooded.
I've searched on this site and I haven't been able to find any solutions, let alone this problem described at all.

Well maybe it is time to take it out and tear it down to see if anything mechanical is causing problems.....

Oh well... I was hoping to avoid that as I recently tore it down.
Thanks anyway.

Oh well... I was hoping to avoid that as I recently tore it down.
Thanks anyway.

to be honest thats the only way sometimes to check out possible troubles with these things. better to be safe than sorry your engine got broken trying to start it with say a seized bearing or worse.....

How old is it? Maybe it's just stuck in the pinch and you can try to force it backwards by pressing on the flywheel with a screwdriver. I had to do that with an engine I had re-pinched due to it being overly tight and breaking my pull-start string.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back