Engine wont idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pezy86

My savage ss engine wont idle. she always want to go.
I'm not sure what to do.
ive moved idle screw till carb had roughfly 2mm.
still wont idle. engine seems to running fast.

does anybody know what i can do

thanks pezy

Ive got 3 screws. 1 for low end 2 for high end 3 for opening up carb.
don't know what one is throttle trim. don't have a manual as it is a second hand truck.

sounds like you low end is to lean, go online and find the manual for you motor. should tell you stock needle setting if you don't konw them. set all back to stock and retune.

Your throttle trim is an electronic adjustment. On your TRANSMITER.

G'day mate,

To diagnose the problem, Pluck off your air filter and take a squizz down the intake, is the carby wide open or has it got roughly 1mm gap.
^ please answer.

If the above is normal(1mm gap) .

Try the following.

When you turn your rotostart/pull your pullstart, does the wheels spin with the rotostart?

If so :
1. your clutch has melted to the clutchbell.(at the time, it seems your engine starts, so i will rule this one out.) - if this is the case, it will require a new clutch.

If not :

1. Check your transmitter throttle trim,(your controller throttle trim) its normally a circular knob you can turn, simply turn the trim so the carb closes.
2. Check that your carby is closed entirely.
3. Retune your engine, reset all settings to default factory settings and follow the youtube HPI Savage tuning video. (if you do not know how to tune.)
4. Check that the clutchbell cannot move.(i ask this because sometimes a thrust bearing/shim can be destroyed and the clutchbell will move backwards, and get stuck on the clutch and cause the car to jerk and jump.)

Goodluck with your troubles, feel free to ask anymore Q's.. sure the blokes here at HPISF will help you out.

~ Rob.

Members online

No members online now.
Back