Engine Stops when Braking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gator

I just put a new engine in my Savvy and now everytime I brake, my engine stops. Any ideas why this is happening?

yep absolutely the right advice!! take off your air filter so you can see into the carb and adjust idle screw till you have about a 1mm gap all thats happenening is the carb is completely closing when you slam on the brakes mine did the same thing at first lol and i got the help i needed here to!!!

You are also going to have problems if when you apply the breaks from the neutral position on the trigger and the slide pushes in you will have problems. You hit the throttle it should be pulled but when you hit the breaks it shouldn't move.

I had this problem, and what they are saying to do.... do it. I had the same issue with my truck, kept dieing across fields and was very annoying.

Awsome, problem solved that easy. This is why i take my PDA cell phone when reunning my truck in the field. In case I need some quick advice and I'm across town, I just log onto the forum and 9 times out of 10 I can resolve the issue.

Ya, I'm having the same problem but I think my idle gap is just 1 mm. If the truck turns off when breaking anyway, towards which direction should I screw my idle screw, clockwise or counter-clockwise? :) Thanks in advance!

Turn it in, (clockwise) then the needle will stop the carb slide closing to far when you break.

Members online

No members online now.
Back