Engine Problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkotheone

Hi- I've got my Savage LE for about two weeks now and have been breaking in for 4 tanks. I still have not manage to go full throttle. The engine seems to bog out and won't go full speed. I can't even get the truck to shift gears :eyecrazy: Can anyone help me with this problem.. I have not touch the LSN at all and I have read that the HSN should be set 4 1/2 turns out from all in but the manual said it is suppose to be at flush. Please HELP!!! THANKS

if the hsn is allready set at factory setting, if not reset. Start the truck, drive it till it heats up.turn the hsn 1/8 of a turn in. drive it down the road (takes a sec for the carb to adjust). Keep doing this proses till the truck engine smooths out, and the truck starts shifting. Make sure you have a nice trail of smoke, If you have a temp monitor makes things easyer. the motor should be running in the 220's to 260's. never hurts to run a little rich.
When you get the top end set rite,move to the lsn turn it 1/16 of a turn in, run it down the road like the hsn it takes a sec for the carb to adjust. do this till the truck lanches and not boggs when you hit the gass. hope this helps

Latest posts

Members online

Back