Engine Preheat In Middle of nowhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayjeff333

Hey guys!
I'm up in Montreal Canada, and don't have a car atm. I usually walk or ride my bike to my bashing spot carrying my savage. Thing is its about 5 degrees c now, and by the time I get to my spot, my engine is super cold... Its really hard if not impossibel to start. I've even had to return home a few times out from lack of starting. So question is how do you preheat your engine without a vehicle or whatever? I thaught of those glove warmers you use when you go skiing? What do you guys think?
Jeff

I have tried hand warmers inside and around the head with a foam can insulator over the outside and they just don't produce enough heat. They will barely heat the head at all and its almost instantly lost after the cover is removed.

I usually just start it up in my garage, or honestly, even my living room and drive it to where I'm going.

There might be some new tricks or gadgets on the market I'm not aware of so maybe someone else will have a different fix for you. Good luck.

Take a mapp gas torch with you hold it about a foot away wouldn't melt anything. Sell them at hardware stores for 25$ lol!:stupid post:

Personally i kept my eye out at Canadian Tire for a 14v cordless heat gun, on the not so bright side it was 45 so it's up to you ..
Unless you pre-heat at home start the truck and keep it running while you bike to the bash spot ..

I got a gas lecton... (or whatever you call them, i call mine a portable soldering iron)... they have a blower attachment on the end. just fill it up with butane gas and your good to go.

I can see it now.... jayjeff walking in 5*c to his bashing spot, carrying his sav, heat gun, car battery, nitro fuel..... better get yourself a shopping trolley to cart around

Easy

You live in Canada for Christ sake. You should know a little something about the cold.
Just do what we Montana boys do and break out the ice fishing gear.
No problems. I use my portable ice-house and heater. It is very easy to drag around and gives you shelter also. We run on the lakes at -temps no big deal.
It will even keep your beer from freezing while your bashing.

Chaos

You live in Canada for Christ sake. You should know a little something about the cold.
Just do what we Montana boys do and break out the ice fishing gear.
No problems. I use my portable ice-house and heater. It is very easy to drag around and gives you shelter also. We run on the lakes at -temps no big deal.
It will even keep your beer from freezing while your bashing.

Chaos

Well in Canada Ontario, it's still in the double digitals (Celsius) I'm wearing shorts right now, of course with a sweater but it's not even bad.
The dew point is only 4C. We have another week or two before we sees snow.

It has Ben snowing but nothing much yet. I live up on a mountain and look straight across at the ski runs. We were Abel to break in my new track this Saturday so all is good with the exception of losing to some little ####ey sounding REVO.

Chaos

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back