engine not running properly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrington81

Hi there. I have a Savage x 4.6 RTR with a 3speed that is not running properly. On a full tank it will bog off the line with no power and will barley hit 3rd gear. It's like it's to rich even with the HSN and LSN adjusted properly. I've also noticed it's doing the half tank lean thing and runnig well on half a tank. I've replaced the fuel line,tank,muffler,exaust coupler,header gasket and the glow plug. I've tried all 3 of my F engines with the the Traxxas top fuel with the same results. I 've owned it for a long time and it used to run really well. I'm out of ideas here.

Thanks for the help!

Traxxas top fuel

There's your problem. Most people don't like trx fuel. If your LHS carry's it, get Byron or Sidewinder. I have ran both and enjoyed both. My hobby shop doesn't have Byron anymore though. I don't think that many do.:stressed:

I wish i could get Byrons or Sidewinder up here. I'm on Vancouver Island, Canada. I've tried Traxxas top fuel before when i first bought it and worked perfect. It's weird now that when i use the Traxxas top fuel and another kind up here called XP fuel it runs like crap. I guess i'll get the HPI fuel next from my LHS.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Members online

Back