Engine Mount???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RLM

Hello all I was interested in buying the heavy duty engine mount(hpi 86399) for my truck and I was curious if anybody has used it and noticed a temperature change in their engine or if anybody could give me any feedback on it considering its almost 50 bucks!!! Here is a link on the mount!!!

http://www.hpiracing.co.uk/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=86399

If I'm not mistaken that engine mount is a 6065 alloy. Nova makes one that is a 7075 alloy. I've heard that 7075 will disapate heat faster than 6065. Also look at the mount your talking about where the 4 set screws go ( bolt to engine plate ) they bolt straight down ZERO room to adjust if and when you might want to. The Nova engine mount will to a greater extent. Take a look at it. Also look at the top of the mount the HPI has 4 set holes angain you cannot adjust if needed but the Nova has 6.

http://www.novarcproducts.com/savagemount.html

It's all I use just look at my pics in the gallery and you'll see it.

Nova Mount

You have brought some excellent points up about both of these mounts. I have never purchased a nova product but I am currently bidding on one of these mounts on e bay now that you have mentioned the adjustability benifits of the nova. I think the hpi is a lower grade of aluminum and I look forward to trying the nova mount. I checked out some of your pics those are some nice machines good work i noticed the nova heatsink heads how are they do they dissipate heat well??? Thanks Again

hop-ups

The nova heads do a great jop of heat dissipation at least 30 degree's. I have one on my outlaw .26 and love it.

I hope so they are a little expensive but probably worth it maybe in the future!!!

The Nova RC Products Savage engine mount and heads are absolute works of art, and the heads do a great job of cooling down the engine. Both are made of 7075 aluminum too, which is very tough.

Latest posts

Members online

Back